OLW 8

June 10, 2010

こんにちは~!
今日は、One Layer Wednesday Challenge 8のために2つカードを作りました。今週のチャレンジは、マスクを作って、それを背景を作るのに使うこと、です。
このチャレンジを見たとき、マスクについて2つのアイディアがすぐに浮かびました。一つはレースペーパー、もうひとつが切り紙です。(日本の皆さんは「切り紙」についてはよくご存じだと思います。)

Hello everyone~!
I've made two CAS card for this weeks One Layer Wednesday Challenge (OLW 8). This weeks challenge is to make a mask and use it to create a background.
When I saw this challenge, two ideas for a mask had popped into my head immediately. One was a lace paper and another was Kirigami. Do you know Kirigami? Kirigami is a variation of origami. You can get more info about it HERE, if you are interested in.

こちらが、今日使ったマスクの写真。(カードを作り終えてから撮ったので、汚くてスミマセン ^^;)右側が、私が作った切り紙です。

Here is a picture of masks I used today. (Sorry, they are dirty... because I took this photo after I finished my cards.) Right one is Kirigami which was made by me.


一つ目のカードでは、Label 8のダイと切り紙をマスクとして使いました。

On the first card, I used label 8 nestabilities die and kirigami for masking.


こちらのカードでは、レースペーパーを使いました。

On the next card, a lace paper was used for masking.

 

どちらのカードも出来栄えには満足♪ でも、この写真が気に入らない! 白っぽいカードをきれいに撮るのって難しいですよね?!

I'm very happy with the way these cards turned out! :)  But, I don't like these photos... It is difficult to take a beautiful photo of whitish cards, isn't it??

Thank you for stopping by!

Stamp: Hero Arts
Ink: 1st card --- Sea Breeze, Turquoise Gem, Jumbo Java (Versa Magic)
        2nd card --- Pixie Dust, Sahara Sand (Versa magic)
Paper: Bazzill
Accessories: Rhinestones, Pearls (Kaiser)

13 comments:

  1. Both cards are very lovely. I love doilies on cards - real or masked. Thanks for the link -I'll try it out. I find the best way for me to get a good photo with a white card is to take it outside and not in direct sunlight. I have a question for you - could you please email me at berkerster@gmail.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning!! this is just stunning!!

    切り紙は素敵ですね!!マスクのアイデアが大好きです!すばらしいぃーーー!☆

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a creative idea! Thanks for sharing...your cards are BEAUTIFUL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautifully EXQUISITE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are lovely. Your cards always look like a gentle and loving hand created them. And thank you for the link to the Kirigami tutorial. I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are so pretty! I love the way the doily looks when used as a mask! Will definitely have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty! Love them both...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! thanks for sharing Torico! love your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome lace masking, what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These really are so very pretty, and the epitome of clean and simple. Thanks so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This are so pretty!! Love the colors you used as they are so soft and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your 2 cards. the double making on the first was inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  13. both examples are great! i was going to say how much i liked the first..until I saw the second! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete