TSG 142 : Negative Die Cut! & Etsy Inspired #7, #8

February 6, 2012

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!:)

This weeks challenge at the TSG blog is to make a card or project using a negative die cut. Using a negative die cut is one of my favorite techniques!;)
I made two cards for today. And  for each card, I took my inspiration from a photo I found on Etsy.

The first one was inspired by these cuties. :D



Stamp: Perk Up!, Fabulous (TSG)   Ink: Real Black (Versa Craft)
Paper: PTI   Accessory: Glossy Accents
Tools: Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Big Scalloped Border Die (PTI)

The sketch I used was FTL176. The tiny top hats were made of some scraps of cardstock. Though it is hard to see in the photo, I added some glossy accents on the top hats and the glasses.

Next card was based on this photo.


Firstly, the combination of teal background and red caught my eyes. And then, I thought the stripe was so effective...

Stamp: Buckets Of Love (TSG), Envelope Pattern (Hero Arts)
Ink: Real Black, Brick (Versa Craft)   Paper: PTI, MME
Accessories: Ivory Jute Twine (RCC), Pearl (Kaiser)
Tools: Calssic Heart Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scallop Scissors

Please head over to the TSG blog for more info about the challenge! I hope you have the time for playing with us this week.:)

Thank you for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Both are SO cute Torico! I love the one with the faces! I want to try this challenge, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek these are SUPER cute!!! The Perk Up one is my favorite, it made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving these! They're both so awesome I can't even pick which one's my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea Torico! I gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love the color scheme of both the cards Torico! The first one is so CUTE and the second one is really bold and I'm loving the texture of the twine!

    ReplyDelete