Sailor Boy & Sailor Girl

May 17, 2013

** This is my second post of the day. Please scroll down or click HERE to see my TSG(Again!) post. Thank you! **

Hello again! As I said yesterday, I'm sharing two more sample cards for Birdie Brown's May release.


The first up is for Sailor Boy and Puppy. This image is a summer version of THIS digi. I used a In the Meadow die (PTI) to make a wavy panel. My inspiration for this design came from HERE. I stamped the word "MERCI" repeatedly along by the wavy line in matching colors to the striped panel. The cardstocks I used to make the striped pattern were Hawaiian Shores, Orange Zest (PTI) and Juicy Pear (Bazzill Cardshoppe). To embellish the card, I added some star wooden veneers, ribbon and a anchor button.
BTW, when I shared THIS card, some people asked me where I got those anchor buttons. I think I bought them through a Japanese online shop several years ago, but I don't remember the name of the shop. But I found this shop on Etsy. The shop has so many kinds of nautical themed buttons. Why don't you check them out if you are interested in.


Next card is for Sailor Girl and Puppy. You can find a winter version of them HERE. I stamped a cloud pattern (Hero Arts) with Soft Pool ink (Hero Arts) for the background. Then I stamped the sentiment and added two stripes of PP and wooden veneers. Though it's hard to see in the photo, I scored several lines on the lower part of the cardbase.

Thank you for stopping by!
Sailor Boy & Puppy



Sailor Girl and Puppy

3 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! I especially adore that first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards but that first one is just way too cool!! You are just so talented--both as an artist and as a cardmaker!

    ReplyDelete