TSG232 - Dots & Stripes

November 4, 2013

It's been a week since I posted here last time. Last week was hectic for me and  I had no power to do paper crafting. :(

Anyways, it's time for another TSG challenge! This weeks challenge is brought to us by Sarah and she has challenged us to make a card or project using patterns…dots and stripes specifically. She wants us to use both on our cards or projects!


I chose Larry for my card today, because he himself has both dots and stripes! I'm clever, right? LOL! I combined him with a saying from Angel Mail set. As it includes the words, "tie a not", I thought it was a good match for him.;)


I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Candy Bar cardstock (Bazzill), then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.


The main panel was embossed using a Herringbone Impression Plate (PTI). Can you believe that it was the first time I used enamel dots on my project? I'm totally behind the trendy things! LOL.

I'm entering this card to the following challenges.



Head on over to the TSG blog for more info about the challenge and more inspiration from the other Trendsetters. I hope you will join us this week!

Thank you for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. oh I LOVE this! That sentiment is such a great match!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat een erg mooi kaartje met hele mooie kleuren
    Liefs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Torico, I've just bought some of those dots too! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the sentiment of this card. Must get some of those enamel dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Torico!!! love the sentiment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! LOVE the design, and your coloring is perfection! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are always incredibly amazing to me. Love this one. I think I need to get some gold embossing powder...love how your sentiment looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous interpretation of the sketch, Torico!!! Love that embossing and the dots...such a beautiful sentiment in gold embossing too. Thank you for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you used the sketch! The embossing and the placement of the enamel dots is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is the cutest hippo ever!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love every little detail about this card, especially that gold embossed sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so very cute...just has to make you smile...clever using the "dots" too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh so cute!! adorable card, Torico! love it! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww...there are so many things I love about this project, Torico! Larry (he is *so* cute), the embossed sentiment, the impression plate (which I just added to my PTI cart, thank you), and the enamel dots....awesome!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete