My answers to your questions

December 4, 2013

I have no card to share with you today. I am writing this to answer some questions I have received this past a few days.

As most of you already know, There She Goes Clear Stamps is closing their doors. Since they announced it, I have received so many emails, PMs on Facebook and Etsy conversations. I truly appreciate your kind and warm words. I have been doing my best to get back to you as soon as possible. However, with my poor English ability, it takes me longer time than you think to write up one email! I am really sorry about it... I even wish every people in the world spoke Japanese! (LOL. I'm silly.)
I know I should answer your questions individually. But I thought I would answer some of the frequent questions here on my blog. I hope this could be a help to you.

Q: Some stamp sets I wanted to get are already sold out on TSG store. Will they be re-stocked soon?

A: I am sorry about the inconvenience. But, I have heard that they will not be reordering any stamp sets as they sell out.

Q: Is there anywhere I can purchase your stamp sets?

A: No... My stamp sets are sold only in TSG store. I know that many of them are already sold out now. I am glad that you love my designs so much and I understand that you would like to manage to get what you want. But, I'm sorry, I can't do anything about it.

Q: Will you be selling the illustrations you designed for TSG as digital stamps?

A: No, I won't. I have to say, absolutely NO.
When we make a stamp set, I just provide my illustrations to TSG. Jessica and Trendsetters puts some wonderful (sometimes naughty, lol) sentiments together to come up with a set. Sometimes Trendsetters give me great ideas for new stamp sets. It is certain that I couldn't do most of my stamp sets without their help. I mean, even when I call a TSG stamp set "My stamp set", that was not made by only me. Trendsetters (both past and current) have done very very hard work to promote those stamp sets. Then you got to know my stamps and illustrations. Without their hard work, I am not here now. TSG stamps are TSG stamps. I believe I should not get money by selling those illustrations.
Ah, I seem to be getting to be too excited. But, I really want you to know how special TSG is for me.

Q: Will you re-open your digital stamp shop?

A: I just closed my digital stamp shop at the end of last month. I said that one of the reasons I close the shop was to focus on TSG. It wasn't a lie. I hoped so at that time. I actually heard of the closure of TSG from Jessica last week.
There were several reasons I decided to close the shop. So even after TSG closed, I won't re- open my digital stamp shop.

Q: Are you going to illustrate for another stamp company?

A: It would be great if I could get a chance to be an illustrator for stamp sets again. But, I can't say anything about it at this time. I hope I will be able to share good news with you in the near future!


I think many of you feel sad with this news. I am very sad too, because TSG has been a very important part of my life since I  started working with them in 2010. But, I know that this was a very very hard decision for Jessica. I totally understand her and respect her decision. I hope you also understand her...

I apologize if there were some inappropriate words or typo. (Ah... I wish I could write this in Japanese. If could do so, it was easier to say what I think!! LOL).

Thank you for understanding.

26 comments:

  1. Well said Torico. I do hope to see you somewhere soon. Your illustrations are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Torico. I do hope to see you somewhere soon. Your illustrations are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Torico-you said everything perfectly in English! :) I was so sad about TSG closing and I also wish you would reconsider reopening your digi shop on Etsy, but I know things happen for a reason. You are so talented that I am pretty certain you will be illustrating for other companies in the future! I can't wait to see what is in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Torico,
    You said it all perfectly. (I wouldn't be able to write one word in Japanese!) I have so loved all your designs and projects. With your talent, I am sure another company will want you as an illustrator!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Torico! You know I am a huge fan if your illustrations. I loved my time spent on TSG because I got to design with your images. You made made several ideas I had in my head come to life with your illustrations. I will wait.....impatiently.....for you to begin working with another company. Whoever gets you is awfully lucky! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your English is just fine Torico! I applaud you for answering some of these tough questions! Just like Kim, I too was privileged to have had the opportunity to work with you and your wonderful illustrations! It was the highlight of my career as a Trendsetter! Your sets were always such a joy to stamp with and I'll miss your cute characters! Your illustrations always had such a uniqueness about them that stood out from the pack!! You will be missed and I am looking forward to whats in store for your future :D I can't wait! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs Torico! You know I love you and your sweet designs, I wish I'd had longer to work with your line of stamps. You'll do amazing in whatever you choose to do next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for letting us know. I hope you get picked up by a stamp company very soon, I love your illustrations! I'll be waiting to hear some good news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As long as you are happy, that's what matters. Enjoy your extra time and hope to see your new stuff again :) lou x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for letting us know all of this - and with great usage of the English language. I have always loved your images and I do not doubt there will be a company that asks you to work for them. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said Torico! I am so very happy that I had the opportunity to work with your sets. I always got excited to one of your new ones as they are adorable!! I'm sure your talent will not be wasted and somebody smart will scoop you up soon and we will once again be able to buy your beautiful work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending you a big hug. Everything will work out the way it's meant to. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks , Torico-san.
    At first, I was so confused and couldn't understand because of my poor English.
    But little by little, I could find out that most of the TSG fan were confused
    and ask the same things.

    Thanks again for spending time to explain. Those are exactly what we wanted to know.


    So many bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very well put. :-) You know I adore your stamps. They are a highly prized part of my crafty collection. I have no doubt that some smart company is going to snap you right up. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for posting this, Torico. I just made a card last night with your gingerbread house digi - and was feeling sad because of your Etsy shop and the TSG closing. It's good to know that your illustrations and talents will still be available to us. I'll be waiting patiently. . .

    Thank you for taking the extra time to write us in English - you did a great job, and much better than I could do in Japanese or any other language!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Things always happen for a reason Torico, so I hope that you find a new outlet for your talents very soon. Love and best wishes, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully said, Torico! I would always get excited when you were brain storming on stamp ideas because I knew another one of your adorable sets would be coming our way soon. I LOVED coloring your stamps :) And like the other girls, I will be waiting to see where your talents take you next!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to seeing where your talent takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your English is so perfect just like your sweet images. I hope we get to see your beautiful work again somehow. Arigato Torico-san!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You said the words perfectly Torico!! I will miss your wonderful creations dearly and am glad I have so many in my studio now - TSG was also one if my fav stamp stores - good luck in the future - hope to see you again - Take good care - Hugs - Kim in Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Torico for answering these questions. I really hope that you find a new stamp company to work with since your illustrations bring such joy to so many and it would be a total loss for the rest of us if we couldn't see your genius in action again!
    All the best, many of us will miss TSG and your stamps. BTW your English is great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Torico! I appreciate you answering all the questions. I am sorry to hear TSG is closing and you are shutting down your blogs. Will miss seeing all the cute designs you come up with. I hope you find another company to make stamps with your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We all eagerly await your next venture. Whether it is your own stamp company or a partnership with another company. Your designs are much too good to be kept all to yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Keeping my fingers crossed you will have good news for us soon (-: How I miss Jessica's e-mails with your new stampsets - it was always so fun and exciting. You know how much I LOVE your designs - Just wished I'd knownTSG were closing Before you closed BirdieBrown!

    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year, big hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Torico, Very well written. I so wish you would open your ETSY store back. I do not want any TSG Images. I would love to get your other designs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Torico, you did a WONDERFUL job explaining everything here, thank you very much for your honesty. I pray that you will be illustrating for another company very soon! Your beautiful creations are just amazing. Thank you

    ReplyDelete