CAS(E) this Sketch #76

May 18, 2014

I've got two cards to share with you today. For both cards my starting point was the CAS(E) this Sketch #76, but I added different spice to each one while I was cooking them.



For my first card I pulled my inspiration from THIS simple design and THIS party decoration.


I stamped the Striped Background (MFT) directly onto a kraft card base with Versa Mark ink. Then I stenciled a few raindrops using Stencil Raindrops (MFT) and Soft Sand ink (Hero Arts). The clouds were die cut using Cloud 1 & 2 Dies (PTI) and I slightly sponged around the edges with Soft Sand ink (Hero Arts).
I stamped the sentiment, which is from Blue Skies Ahead set (MFT), in Cup O' Joe ink (Hero Arts).


For next one, my inspiration came from THIS embroidery hoop and THIS photo I stumbled upon at Etsy.


I used Striped Background stamp again, but this time it was stamped in Pink Lemonade ink (MFT).


I die cut a hexagonal frame using Die-namics Hexagon STAX (MFT). The banners were die cut out from various scraps of MME paper using a small banner die from Blueprints 10 Die-namics (MFT). The stars around the frame were die cut using Die-namics Magical Memories (MFT). I added some shimmer onto them with a Wink Of Stella pen.
The sentiment is from Many Birthday Messages set (Hero Arts).

Thank you for visiting!
** Under The Weather Card **


** Happy Birthday Card **

6 comments:

  1. Great cards from the sketch! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both! Great interpretation of the sketch! Those stripes are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, Torica, and I especially love the first card with those softly inked clouds! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are both fabulous! Wonderful takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torico, this is so super pretty! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at CTS. :-)

    ReplyDelete