Father's day Cards

June 8, 2014

I needed a Father's day card for my father. As I sent him golf themed cards two years in a row (he is a golf addict!), I wanted to make something different this year.

When I started my card, I had THIS letterpress card in my head as my layout inspiration.


Actually this was my fourth attempt.  I tried to get a faux letterpress look using an embossing folder. But I didn't get a good result and gave up! :( Then I decided to use a chevron pattern stamp (Hero Arts).
I love this color combo, but this is far from the one I had in my head when I started. So I decided to try another one.



This time I used a striped pattern stamp (Impression Obsession), Papa Love stamp set (Mama elephant), and Inline Letters Creative Cuts (Mama Elephant).
I like that this looks cleaner than first one. But I'm not sure if my father likes it or not because I know these colors are not his fave.

I haven't decided which one I will send to him yet. I might do another one if I get some free time.

Thank you for visiting!
** 1st Card **



** 2nd Card **

1 comment:

  1. I like them both, but for me card #2 just has the edge! Jo x

    ReplyDelete