Who Loves You?

July 13, 2014

I've been a big fan of Paper Smooches stamps for a long time, and I love seeing what other people create with their stamps. The characters are always so cute and I admire Kim's handwritten whimsical fonts. But, I always hesitate to buy their stamps because... hmm... I feel that they are too whimsical for my usual style and I'm afraid that I'm not able to make them shine.

However, when I saw this month's PS release, I fell in LOVE with the Ghoulfriends set and the Halloween Icons Dies set instantly!!! The ghost in the Ghoulfriends set is too cute not to have!! The word die, BOO!, in the Halloween Icons Dies is the perfection!! As I received them along with a few more stamp sets and dies this week, I wanted to jump into them... but, I'm kind of a girl who saves the best for later. LOL! So I decided to play with another stamp set I purchased this time.;)



I played along with this weeks CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge (CTS #84). The stamp set I used is Hooties. I stamped the owls in Espresso ink (Versa Craft) and cut them out using Owl Icons Dies. Then I colored them with Copics. The leaves were cut out with scissors.


For the sentiment panel I stamped the Wood Plank Background (MFT) in Natural ink. Then I stamped the sentiment with Versa Mark ink and white embossed it. The dashed line on the top edge of the panel was added using a die from Dots & Dashes Dies (love it!!), and I cut off the bottom edge with a pair of decorative scissors.
The background panel was stamped the Stars BG (Impression Obsession) in Cloud White ink (Versa Magic).

As I used a wood plank pattern stamp, I'm also entering this card to the Just Us Girls Challenge #249 which theme is Woodgrain.



Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Very sweet...I just love PS and they are always releasing such cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fun & fabulous! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! Love the upside down guy! :) Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ps - I went ahead and uploaded your card. Not sure what happened, but its there now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute......love the sweet owls! That sentiment is fabulous. I love the font! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the upside down owl..super cute...thanks for joining the girls and I at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER, SUPER CUTE!!! Love it - so sweet and those owls are colored to perfection!! Thank you so much for sharing this fun, awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this is so cute! Love your interpretation of the sketch and your use of the woodgrain! I lost the big owl die in my craft room! I do not know where it went to! So frustrating! Love those owls! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card :) Love the owls. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is this? I love that upside down owl!
    Thanks for joining us at CASE this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete