CASE Study #210 & Merry Monday #128

September 30, 2014

For today's card I was inspired by the CASE Study Challenge #210 and the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge #128 (Polka Dots and/or Stripes).


I started with stamping Diagonal Stripes Background (MFT) onto the card base in Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with some silver embossing powder.


This beautiful poinsettia was made with Poinsettia Parade Craft Dies (Simon Says Stamp), Pure Poppy CS, and Ripe Avocado CS (PTI). A few tiny pearls were added to the center.


I used Falling Snow Stencil (Simon Says Stamp) for my stenciled background. I turned it upside down. I borrowed this idea from HERE.
The sentiment is from Small Folded Banners Holidays stamp set (Simon Says Stamp). It was stamped onto a die cut banner and silver embossed.

It is really sad that CASE Study Challenge has announced their break. I couldn't participate in their challenges so often, but I have been a big fan of it since Iwona started it. The inspiration cards Iwona chooses were always fabulous (sometimes hard to CASE for me though, LOL!) and the DT's interpretation always amazed me. So I couldn't even believe it when Iwona invited me to be a Muse in 2012. It was a big honor in my career as a card maker!
I totally understand it was a very hard decision. But I believe this closing is temporary! Anyways I'm so glad that didn't miss the chance to enter this weeks challenge!:)

Thank you for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty! I love the silver stripes and the pop of red with the poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous. Love the little pearls in the center of the poinsettia. And the upside-down embossing is such a great idea! ~Stephanie (http://stephaniekensy.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful Torico, love every detail. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb! I love this card, Torico! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! I always love your cards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. They poinsettia is so pretty and love that falling snow stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this card. The poinsettia is stunning! The banner is beautiful! The silver stripes and snowfall are lovely. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Torico!! You've been a fantastic supporter, thank you for all the amazing cards you shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is GORGEOUS, Torico! What a beautiful poinsettia and an amazing background! Love those embossed stripes too! WOW! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card id beautiful!! Every element works perfectly together

    ReplyDelete
  10. CAS perfection, Torico. I love the white on white with that bright pop of red. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love the close ups so I can see the texture of the stencil, and the fine embossing on the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome. Great white space sucks you right into that focal point. Just a perfect holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the striped background...just perfect for your amazing poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous .... love the CAS design xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Torico, this is utterly stunning! So clean and crisp but still with so many exciting elements xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The stencil is absolutely gorgeous and so is your poinsettia! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete