I Frog-got Your Birthday!

September 6, 2014

This month's hostess over at the Crazy 4 Challenges is my super talented friend, Danielle. She invited me to be a guest designer for the month of September! So I will show you my cards/projects based on their challenges every Saturday this month!;)

This weeks challenge is to make a belated birthday card. I know many of us sometimes need this kind of card. No?


You may think this card is very similar to the one I made for the Fleshly Made Sketches #151. Ha ha! Yes, I used the Star Dust Mini stencil (Memory Box) again. But this time I used it along with some modeling paste to add more texture.


After the paste dried, I placed the stencil again and applied some inks (Banana Split, Lemon Drop, and Pink Lemonade) using sponge daubers. It is easier than you create your own colored paste with reinkers.

The balloons were die cut from some scraps of patterned paper. The frog and sentiment are from Toadally Awesome set by TSG (discontinued).

Head on over to the Crazy 4 Challenges blog for more inspiration from the DT! I hope you'll join us this week.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Love love love your card Torico! The colored embossing is fantastic - I need to try that technique. So glad you are the guest designer this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun and sweet belated b'day card......the frog is just the cutest and the sentiment is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a super cute card!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and I like the stencil trick...will have to try.

    ReplyDelete