Christmas Stockings in Non-Traditional Colors

October 21, 2014


I cut out these stockings several days ago with trying to get rid of my OLD Christmas/winter themed papers. (I don't even remember where these papers are from.) Then I had neglected them because I didn't get a good idea for a layout. But this weeks Merry Monday Challenge gave me a cue to use them. The challenge theme is "Non-Traditional Christmas Colors"!:D


My card base is Peanut Cluster (Bazzill), which is also a non-traditional Christmas color.;) The main panel was stamped the Fresh Cut Pebble pattern (Hero Arts) in Soft Sand ink (Hero Arts) and was cut out with a Stitched Rectangle die (Lil' Inker Designs). The sentiment is from the Swanky Snowdudes set (Paper Smooches). The smaller rectangle panel was cut out from Hot Fudge CS (MFT).
I used the Stocking Dies (Paper Smooches) to cut out the stockings. Love the whimsical shape! I added a few sequins and rhinestones to embellish them.

I'm also entering this card to this weeks Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge (Anything Goes).

Thank you for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. These stockings are adorable, Torico! Love the sequin trim! And the layout is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are adorable stockings! All the pink means it would fit right in at the Jingle Belles blog too! They're celebrating a *PINK* Christmas, where every card linked up means a $4 donation to the Susan G. Komen foundation! I would love to see your card there...the challenge closes tomorrow evening @ 6pm EST. Thanks! :)

    http://www.jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com/2014/10/pink-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome design - love those pretty stockings and colors! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card, love the non-traditional colors!! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...super cute stockings, Torico! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! I LOVE this to pieces!! =) Those Stockings are SO FUN!! LOVE the Design ad the Colors you used!! THANKS so MUCH for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenges and have a Fabulous Week!! =) I hope you'll join us again!! =)

    ReplyDelete