Ombre Tree Card

October 19, 2014

Today I'd like to share a Christmas card I made using some Simon Says Stamp's Stamptember goodies.


First I created a piece of ombre paper by blending some peach inks (listed below) using an ink blending tool. Then I cut out a tree from it with the Deco Trees Craft Dies by SSS. I cut out two more trees from Insulation Pink CS (MFT) and layered them for a little thickness.


I daubed some Versa Mark ink onto the tree, added some Sticky embossing powder, and heat embossed. Then I coated it with Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter.
It looked so pretty, but I didn't like that some glitter flaked off.:( So I decided to coat the tree with Glossy Accents. I'm still not sure this was a good way, though.

The background panel was embossed with Zig Zag Embossing Folder (Lifestyle Crafts) and the corners were rounded with a corner chomper. It was matted with Aqua Mist CS (PTI).

For the sentiment panel I die cut two rounded rectangles from Aqua Mist CS (PTI) and White CS using a die from the Blueprints 14 Die-namics (MFT). I cut off the bottom edge of the white panel using a edger punch. After I stamped and silver embossed the sentiment, which is from the Peace On Earth set (SSS), I glued those panels together.

I thought that this card needed one more accent of color, so I decided to add a circle panel, which was die cut from a wood grain patterned paper, behind the sentiment panel.
I added several rhinestones to finish off the card.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Love your festive and fresh card, Torico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, Torico! I love the non-traditional colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! Your shimmery, glossy tree is so classy ;) Rx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I love the detail you gave to the tree and that scalloped edge on your sentiment panel.

    ReplyDelete