May your holidays be MERRY

November 19, 2014

It's been a week since I posted here last time! I'd been very busy as an illustrator and I didn't even touch my ink pads since I made the cards for my MFT new product launch post. But I finally got a little free time yesterday and made a card using a couple Mama Elephant stamp sets.:D


As some of you may know I have a weakness for penguins. When I saw the Arctic Penguins set for the first time, I immediately fell in LOVE with their cuteness!!

For today's card I stamped a striped pattern from the Boutique Borders set onto a piece of  white CS with Soft Pool ink (Hero Arts). I cut it out with a stitched rectangle die from the Blueprint 20 Die-namics (MFT) and matted it with Aqua Mist CS (PTI).


The sentiment is from the Jolly and Merry set. I heat embossed it with gold EP and red EP. I stamped a tiny gift box image from the Arctic Penguin set two times, colored them with Copics, and drew the strings and bow with a black pen.


I stamped the penguin and his hat using the masking technique and cut it out with scissors. I added some glossy accents to his hat and beak.
I adhered the main panel to a Wild Cherry scalloped rectangle panel which was cut out using the Blueprints 20 Die-namics. Several enamel dots were added to finish off the card.

(Since the MFT boutique is under maintenance at the moment, I can't add a link to the Blueprints 20 Die-namics. I will edit it later!)

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love those fun stripes. You always come up with such cute designs. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely! I love the concept and the wonderful use of stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete