Let It Snow

December 8, 2014

It's been almost a week since I posted last time?? Time flies faster than usual in December! Ha ha. One of the reasons I didn't make cards for a while is that I have been spending much time on Instagram recently. My new addiction! LOL. I am sharing not only my cards but also some illustrations and doodles there. Please follow me if you are interested in!;)
Click here to follow me on Instagram -->   Instagram

Meanwhile, I still need to make a few more Christmas cards for this year. But, it seems that my passion for making Christmas cards is running out... no good ideas for the design. :( I finally squeezed out this simple card last night.


First I cut out a stitched rectangle panel using the Blueprints 13 Die-namics and blended some yellow and green inks using a ink blending tool. Then I stamped the Snowfall Background a few times in Whip Cream (MFT) and Green Hills (Hero Arts).
I cut out another stitched rectangle panel and cut off the top part using the Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics to create the hill. After I adhered it onto the colored panel, I cut out the center part of it using the Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX Die-namics.


I cut out four rounded rectangle panels from Sour Apple CS and layered them to pop up the focal panel slightly.

The sentiment was stamped in Onyx Black (Versa Fine) and I embellished it with some tiny snowflakes.  Some Frosted Lace Stickles was added to the hill.
I stamped a penguin and a Santa hat from the Arctic Penguins set, colored him with Copics, and adhered with some foam tape. Several rhinestones were added to finish off the card.


Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Love this design and that little penguin prop in the background! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun, I love it! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love that bright background!!

    ReplyDelete