Naughty or Nice Challenge #11 : Something New

January 1, 2015

Happy New Year everyone!!! I hope your new year has got off to a great start!
Actually I'm at my parents' home to celebrate the New Year with my family and relatives now. I spend this time of year with them for the first time in years.

Today I'm kicking off this year's blogging with a card I made for the Naughty or Nice Challenge #11.  This month's theme is "New". Use something new, like new stamps, papers, embellishments, or new techniques, to create your project! I know some of you got new craft supplies for your Christmas present. It's a great chance to use them for the first time!


The stamp sets I used for today's card are old, but I used a new pigment ink (Sno Cone) and new card stock (Blueberry) that were released from MFT last month.

I started with a white card base, and adhered the white background panel which was embossed with a Whimsy Embossing Folder (Lifestyle Crafts). I cut out two stitched rectangle panels, one is from white CS and another is from Blueberry CS, using Stitched Rectangles STAX Die-namics. I embossed the Blueberry panel with the Herringbone Impression Plate (PTI) and stamped the Fine Check Background (MFT) onto the white panel with Sno Cone Pigment ink. I'm so happy that MFT has brought out pigment inks! I prefer pigment inks to dye inks, and they are perfect to stamp big and solid stamps (like background stamps) finely!!


The sassy girl image is from an old TSG stamp set, Sparkly and Bright. I colored her with Copics and cut her out with scissors. The sentiment is from the Carnival Toppers set (Mama Elephant), but I added three lipsticks, which are from the When I Grow Up set (TSG), instead of the word "CUPCAKES".

Head on over to the Naughty or Nice Challenge blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the other Troublemakers! I hope you will play along with us this month!:)

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Torico! Wishing you a year filled with boundless joy, creativity and success. I'm usually a bit of a lurker and don't comment much, but I wanted to take the opportunity for some holiday well-wishes and to say I appreciate and always enjoy seeing your talented creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!! I hope you are having a wonderful time celebrating with your family!! Love your illustrations, design work and cards!! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2015! Thank you for sharing your creative brilliance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect card! Fabulous colouring and fun design. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete