Watercolored Tulip

February 12, 2015

For today's card I challenged my self to do the White Embossing + Watercoloring technique.


The stamp set I used is Spring Tulips by MFT. I stamped the tulips onto a watercolor paper panel with Versa Mark ink and white embossed. I watercolored them using Sai Watercolor Brush Pens and a water brush pen. I applied some Blu Raspberry Hybrid ink using an ink blending tool  for the background.


I confess that I had a plan to stamp a sentiment directly above the tulips in dark grey when I finished my coloring. But... yes, I messed.:( So I decided to add a sentiment panel to cover the mess. (I believe that I'm not the only one who sometimes have to do this. LOL!)
So this isn't the best result, but I'm pleased with at least my watercolored tulips.

Thank you for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. なるほどーなんとなく予想してましたがやっぱりー これこそouchですね😅
    ダークグレイのセンチメンツ 白エンボスに水彩のこのカードにぴったりだったでしょうね〜💕
    次のチャレンジのゴールドorシルバーのエンボスの時にはどんなセンチメンツになるのか今から楽しみです😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the finished card, boo boo and all! So pretty, Torico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, did not know about those watercolor pens with the brush tips. They blended so beautifully. Have you ever used the Zig Kurecolor brush tip watercolor pens as well? If so I'm wondering which one you like the best. Someone on Amazon mentioned that the liked the Tombow markers better than the Akashiya Said brush tip watercolor pens and I was wondering why, they didn't give a reason, to me, they are two totally different products, one with a brush tip and the other with a nib tip with no bristles. All 3 come from Japan so I was hoping my favorite crafting blogger from Japan (!) might be able to help shed some light on the differences between the three :-) Thank you Toriko! Absolutely beautiful card! Btw, what boo boo's?!

    ReplyDelete