Shimmery Watercolor

March 20, 2015

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a set of shimmery watercolor paint, Kuretake Gansai Housekibako (Housekibako means jewel box), at a local art supply store, and I knew I had to give it a try!
This set contains 12 beautiful shimmery colors - Turquoise, Emerald, Gold, Ruby,  Pink Diamond, Coral, Amethyst, Sapphire, Pearl, Copper, Lapis Lazuli, and Black Pearl. Each color is beautiful, but the description says that it isn't suited for blending. I tried painting with them on watercolor paper and I thought they just looked like Wink Of Stella pens.


I stamped and white embossed the scribble circles, which are from Circle Scribble Flowers stamp set, and watercolored them with Gold. Some leaves were painted with Emerald.


Can you see the shimmer in this close-up photo? I'd like to try painting on dark color paper with these watercolor paint next time.


The sentiment is from Spring Tulips set. It was heat embossed with Princess Gold embossing powder.

I have been quiet on my blog, Facebook, and Instagram recently. But I've been working so hard behind the scene and I hope I will be able to share some fun projects with you soon!;)

Thank you for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I nearly bought this set and then talked myself out of the purchase... I wonder why??? Your card is gorgeous and now I want these stamps all over again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to let you know how much I enjoy your stamps. Jingle all the way was my favorite set for the Holidays...... I had so much fun making tags with that set. I have been enjoying your blog and just wanted you to know I have discovered you. thank you for your creativity.......

    ReplyDelete