MFT April Release Countdown Day 5

April 3, 2015


Welcome to Day 5 of the MFT April Release Countdown! Since it's the first time I participate in the MFT Release Countdown as a regular member of the DT, I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I hope you will enjoy my projects introducing this month's fantastic new products!

I have two cards to share with you today, both use You're the Sweetest stamp set designed by Lisa Johnson.


For my first card I started with a Peach Bellini card base. The stitched rectangle panel was cut from Insulation Pink CS using the Blueprints 24 Die-namics. I stamped the Grid Background onto it with Insulation Pink Dye ink.


The focal panel was also cut with Blueprints 24, and I stamped the ice cream image twice using the masking technique. The inks I used are In The Buff Hybrid, Summer Splash Hybrid, Coral Crush Hybrid, and Chocolate Brown Hybrid. I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Brown and added a couple of tiny stars that were cut with Blueprints 24.
The scalloped panel was cut from In The Buff CS using Stitched Scallop Edges Die-namics and was stamped the Striped Background with Wild Cherry Dye ink.



For my second card I stamped the sentiment first, then stamped the popsicle images around it. The ink colors I used are Banana Split Dye, Cotton Candy Hybrid, Blu Raspberry Hybrid, and In the Buff Hybrid (for bars). 


After I stamped each popsicle body, I stamped the striped pattern over it a few times in the same color. I'm so happy with these translucent look! :)
I stamped my Insulation Pink card base with the Swiss Dots Background and added a Lemon Drop scallop border which was cut with Blueprints 23.

For the inside of the card I stamped the Swiss Dots Background and a popsicle again.



Please make sure that this month's new products will be available for purchase at the MFT store on April 7 at 10:00 pm (EST).

Head over to the MFT blog for the product details and the full list of DT members participating today's countdown!

Thank you for stopping by!

29 comments:

  1. Love the awning and your popsicle circle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of unexpected colors and how well it works

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun use of an awning over your ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome release! And such darling cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat, Neat cards, especially the colors on your popsicle circle card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely the cutest set and I can't wait to create with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Torico, your cards are awesome also. I love how you decorated the inside of your card. I like to do that too. Its lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job showcasing the sweet set, I must have it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are super cute and colourful...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific pallete of the Ice Cream Treats with a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards. Love the awning detail on the first card and the stripes on the second card. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colors! Just in time for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! How do you come up with such fabulous ideas??? Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards! The awning is a cool touch & I love the popsicle circle & the awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards! The awning is a cool touch & I love the popsicle circle & the awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job Torico! I just love your popsicle card! Now I have 4 more stamp colors to add to my wish list! You have a very great sense of playfulness to your cards! I just love that. I think my son would get a big kick out of that card if I can make it as well as you did! I hope MFT has a huge inventory for this April release because I'm pretty sure these are gonna sell out super fast!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice added glitter to the ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice cards, love the colors, the popsicle circle. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards! That ice cream stamp is very cool 😄

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you stamped the popsicles in a circle! Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are the Sweetest!! Great cards!!

    ReplyDelete