MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints - Sweet Scallops

April 14, 2015

Today I'd like to share a card I made for this month's MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints, where we are featuring sweet scallops. Dainty rows of scallops add such a soft, feminine touch to your cards. Whether you use them to create a decorative border, or layered among other panels and elements, that delicate bit of gently curved shaping will add beautiful interest to your projects.


I combined the Blueprints 8 & 14 to create my card.  The colors are from the MFT Color Challenge #19.

First I stamped a piece of Nightshift Blue CS with the Swiss Dots Background and Whip Cream pigment ink. I die cut a scallop border from it using the Blueprints 14, and also cut a panel with the "FRIEND" word using the Blueprints 8

I adhered these panels onto a Whip Cream panel which was stamped the Grid Background with Summer Splash Hybrid ink. (I popped up only the "FRIEND" panel with some foam tape.)

The flower and leaves were made with some die-cut elements from the Blueprints 14, Summer Splash CS, Sour Apple CS, and Whip Cream CS. The edges around the flower and leaves were slightly sponged with Summer Splash Hybrid ink and Sour Apple Hybrid ink for some texture.

The new PI girl from the Heart Bouquet stamp set was stamped onto a matching die-cut piece and was colored with Copics.

Head over to the MFT blog for more inspiration from the DT members who participate in today!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! I love the coloring and all that great die cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. Love the way you used the griend die-cut and cute PI image. I just got mine and need to ink her up. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete