MFT Release Countdown Day 1

April 7, 2015


It's the final day of the MFT April Release Countdown!! All the new products will be available for purchase tonight at 10:00 pm EST!

Today I have two cards to share with you. You may think these are a little different from my usual style, but I'm happy with how these turned out! :)

For my first card I used the True Friends and the Modern Blooms.


Both these sets are very beautiful! I admit that this type of stamping (I mean, random stamping with solid floral stamps) was challenging for me, as I said before. However, I think I did it with the help of the beautiful Hybrid ink colors.;) The inks I used are listed at the bottom of this post.

After I stamped the sentiment in black, I stamped it again with Natural Dye ink, slightly offset, for a shadow effect.

For my second card I combined the new Sentimental Flourish Frame Die-namics and the Garden Flourish Background stamp.


These are perfect for creating a card in elegant style, right?
To create the background panel I stamped the Polka Dot Background and heat embossed it with some gold embossing powder. Then I cut it out with a stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 24 and matted it with Insulation Pink CS.


The fishtail flag panel that is underneath the flourish frame was die cut with the Blueprints 24, and was stamped the Garden Flourish Background with Grout Gray Dye ink.
I die cut the Sentimental Flourish Frame from Grout Gray CS. I cut out another frame from white CS and gold embossed the sentiment, which is from the Smitten With You stamp set, then embedded it in the Grout Gray frame. Several rhinestones were added for more elegant look.

Have you enjoyed this month's previews? I hope my projects inspired you! Now head over to the MFT blog to see the full reveals of today's products and what the other DT members have come up with for today. Then make your with list and wait until 10:00 pm EST tonight.;)

Thank you for stopping by!


18 comments:

  1. I really love the colors you chose for the flowers on the first card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! The delicate frame looks gorgeous with the flourish background! Beautiful Card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I adore your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flower garden. Beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your flower garden. Beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, you've been busy creating some truly wonderful cards, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards Torico. The first one is so fun & retro, I love it and the second one is elegant. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful! Love the gorgeous colors on the first and the soft colors with gold on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you layered the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the flower background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Toriko-chan, I was wondering if you were from Japan every time I visited your blog during the April new release count down. I finally clicked on your profile, I used to live in Shizuoka Prefecture too! I loved it there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow both cards are so beautiful and the second is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are so beautiful! Loved them both. I loved the pretty Mordern Blooms on the first one and the tone on tone of the second.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aloha Torico-san --- So nice to see your creations!!! I love your style ♥

    ReplyDelete