Shakers Gonna Shake!

April 13, 2015

This week on the MFT blog, we are featuring the Shaker Cards! There will be 5 days of shaker inspiration with videos and instruction, and... yes, prizes!! Who doesn't love prizes?? Make sure you stop by the MFT blog everyday this week so that you won't miss a chance to win!


Today's theme is Shaker Card Basics. The fabulous DT member, Kimberly is sharing tips and tricks for the basics of making a shaker card on the MFT blog. I thought I would play along with a step by step photo tutorial at here on my blog. (Please don't ask me for a video tutorial because my English speaking skill is horrible! LOL!)

Let me get it started!



  • Adhere a piece of acetate to the back side of the After Midnight panel.


  • Adhere the dog image onto the front of window.
  • Apply some foam tape to the back side of the After Midnight panel. Be sure that there is no space between each peace of tape around the window!
  • Put the die-cut pieces onto the Insulation Pink panel. I also added some micro beads.

  • Adhere the After Midnight panel over the Insulation Pink Panel. ;)

Here is the finished card!
I added a Wild Cherry panel, which was cut with the Blueprints 13, underneath the shaker panel. The sentiment banner was cut with the Dimensional Banners Die-namics. (Hmmm... why didn't I think of using the "SHAKE IT OFF" from the You Have My Heart stamp set instead of this sentiment?? That's perfect for a shaker card!!!)

Head over to the MFT blog to see what Kimberly have come up with for today! And you will find how to win the prize. ;)

Thank you for stopping by!

24 comments:

  1. That is the CUTEST card I have ever seen! (Dog lover here!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torico, your card is adorable. I love the little bones in your shaker. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a SUPER cute shaker card!! TFS!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I love that you made a shaker card using "You Make My Tail Wag" . This is one of my favorite Birdie Brown stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, great choice of colors, Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. I love the dog in your window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the look of your adorable card. What I like even better is that you showed how you "foamed up" the cardstock as a guide for me. Thanks a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Shaker Card.
    God bless,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh this is so adorable, love it. Thanks for the visuals on adhering the squares, I so need that! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and happy
    shaker card! Love the
    doggie on the front.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card. I love the shaker elements!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your super cute shaker card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very sweet thanks for all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this idea with the dog in the window! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card, what a cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sweet! Love that the dog is peeking out! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet! Love that the dog is peeking out! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card it is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally in love with this one! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card! Love this stamp and die set!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable card, just love it. TY :)

    ReplyDelete