MFT Ingenious Inking Challenge - Watercolor Wash

May 26, 2015

It's time for MFT Ingenious Inking DT Challenge! This month we are challenged to create a project using the watercolor technique.


...Let me be honest. I'm not so good at it. That's a reason I rarely make a card using watercolors and I don't buy the Kuretake Gansai Tambi even though I'm a Japanese. So it was really challenging for me, but I got two cards done!! Let's see the result of my effort. LOL!

For my first card I used the batik resist technique to create a dotted watercolor background. The dotted pattern is the Myriad Dot Background, and the ink colors I used are Banana Split, Lemon Drop and Bubblegum.

The sentiment is from Together Forever set and I stamped it in Fuse Green.
I made the rose flower using Rolled Scalloped Rose Die-namics and Whip Cream Felt.


For the second card I wanted to create a scene that a bunny is missing someone in a night field. I stamped and white embossed the bunny from Easter Bunny set and grass from Let's Hang Out set. To create the night sky I used Blueberry, Pure Plum, and Wild Wisteria Dye inks.

The sentiment is from Somebunny stamp set.

Visit the MFT blog for a list of the DT members participating in today's challenge! :)

Thank you for stopping by!
** 1st card **


** 2nd Card **

3 comments:

  1. You are way too modest, Torico--your cards are gorgeous! Love the soft pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful! You are so creative and talented that I doubt there is any technique you couldn't shine at, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Luv the sentiment you used on the Flower card, and the blending of the Watercolours is just Beautiful! Very Pretty Cards! Thanx for sharing, Xxo

    ReplyDelete