MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints - Hit the Waves

June 9, 2015

Blueprints 11 marked a cool new innovation in our collection with a fun curved panel complemented by coordinating sentiment elements. We’re revisiting this shapely favorite with the Creative Construction with Blueprints Challenge this month.

For my card today I combined Blueprints 11 with the newly released Penguins in Paradise stamp set & Die-namics.


I die-cut three curved panels from Summer Splash CS,  Persimmon CS, and Whip Cream CS. After I cut out the dotted curved lines and the word, "BE HAPPY" , from the Summer Splash panel, I backed it with the Persimmon panel and inlaid the "BE HAPPY" which were cut out from Whip Cream CS. I popped up these panels over the Whip Cream panel.

I stamped Striped Background onto the card base directly in Persimmon Hybrid ink. The penguin image was colored with Copics and was die-cut with a matching die. To create the sun I used a circle element with a smiling face from Blueprints 11 and a flower die from Build-able Blooms Die-namics. I love it when I find a new way to combine some elements from different Die-namics sets! :D:D

You'll find a list of DT members participating today's Creative Construction with Blueprints Challenge on the MFT blog. Hop around their blogs for more inspiration!

Thank you for stopping by.

3 comments: