MFT June Creative Challenge - Go Overboard

June 16, 2015


I'm sharing a card I made for this month's MFT Creative Challenge today. The theme is "Go overboard" - we are challenged to create a card/project featuring a water-oriented look.

Penguins in Paradise stamp set, Waves stencil, and shaker... yes, I know I used the same combination a couple weeks ago. Haha! I just love these together, but this time I tried to add more summery and tropical feel!

I stamped the penguin, masked it, and stamped the palm tree which was slightly curved. They were colored with Copics and cut with scissors.
For the shaker background I blended Summer Splash ink and Blu Raspberry ink on a piece of white CS, then stenciled Waves pattern with the same inks. The circle frame was die-cut from Tropical Teal CS using Stitched Circle Frames Die-namics.

The background panel was stamped Polka Dot Background in Lemon Drop ink, and was die-cut using a stitched square die from Blueprints 8.
The yellow polka dot pattern and the Tropical Teal frame... these remind me of pineapple. Only me?? LOL!

Head over to the MFT blog to see what the other DT members have come up with for today!

Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day.

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Very pretty colors. Is this a square card as it kinda looks like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgosh this is so fun!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cards - I like the colours and the sequence!

    ReplyDelete