MFT June Ingenious Inking DT Challenge - Compatible with Copics

June 23, 2015

Chances are, you loved coloring as a child. Chances are even greater, that you still love coloring as an adult. You may not make time for it anymore but we hope this month’s challenge changes that. Coloring is a relaxing and beautifully effective way of enhancing your stamped images. Not all inks are a great match for coloring but the MFT Hybrid Inks are a perfect companion to this technique.
It's NO secret that I LOVE coloring with Copics. My first choice of coloring medium is always Copics. LOL. So this month's challenge is pretty easy for me.;)

As some of you may already know, I usually use dark brown ink when I stamp an image to color, because I tend to choose soft colors for my coloring. It may not be a big difference, but I believe that this makes the colored image look softer and lighter.

For today's card I stamped the image, which is from Perfect Harmony set, with Chocolate Brown Hybrid ink. If I wanted to color her hair in grays and black, I would use Black Licorice Hybrid ink to stamp it. But this time I knew I would color it with light browns (as usual) to match her well with the other colors, Lemon Chiffon and Wild Wisteria.
I love that the MFT Hybrid inks dry fast and never cause bleeding when they are used with Copics. The colors are slightly less brilliant compared with the MFT Premium Dye inks, but I think there isn't a big difference. (See the photo above. I stamped the background patterns with Lemon Chiffon Hybrid ink and Grape Jelly Hybrid ink.)

Visit the MFT blog to see what the other DT members have come up with for today!

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card! Might give brown ink a try myself, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute...love the colouring and the silver stars. Never thought of using brown ink for main images but will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute...love the colouring and the silver stars. Never thought of using brown ink for main images but will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete