MFT August Release Countdown Day 5

July 31, 2015

MFT August Release Countdown has begun! This month's release is packed with FUN and whimsy!! From Polynesian themed stamp sets to adorable Halloween sets and whimsical robots, you'll love all and each new products!

Make sure that all of the new products will be available for purchase on Augst 4th at 10:00 pm EST!

Today I'm sharing two cards I made using the new stamp set designed by Lisa Johnson, Scribble Roses.

I used the Faux Stained Glass technique for my roses. I white embossed the roses and leaves on a piece of vellum. Then I colored the back of them with Copics and cut them out with scissors.

The sentiment is from the new Encouraging Words stamp set. The frame was die cut with Pierced Square Frames Die-namics. I stamped Balloon Strings Background onto the card base directly with Natural Hybrid ink.


For my next card I used the Faux Stained Glass technique again, but this time I embossed the images with Liquid Platinum embossing powder.


I added some white dots using a white gel pen. I totally admit that I was inspired by Kay for this technique! These tiny dots add some cuteness and movement to the images!
The rounded window was cut out using a die from Blueprints 3, and the sentiment is from Spring Tulips.



Head over to the MFT blog for the details of the products revealed today. And you will find a list of the DT members participating today's countdown.

Thank you for stopping by today. I will introduce you the new stamp set & Die-namics from Birdie Brown line tomorrow! ;)

** 1st Card **



** 2nd Card **

23 comments:

  1. Wow! I especially love your second card. Really does look like stained glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Torico! I love the stained glass look you achieved with vellum--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The faux stained glass technique is so pretty!! Both cards are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! your faux stained glass look is awesome. This technique is new to me and something I would love to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow on both cards, they are both so great and I really like the stained glass look and the white dots make them pop too. Great job thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ii absolutely love this technique. I am going to have to give it a try. I also need to purchace the scribble roses stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are gorgeous! Love the light and airy feel of the coloured vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza! Those vellum roses with the overlays are Freakin' Fabulous & Gorgeous. I'm going to have t try this technique. Loooooove These Cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you stamped on velum with these, so pretty and dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been a fan for a long time, Torico! You never cease to amaze and inspire me! Great job. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing cards Torico! Both of them are simply stunning! I love your colors and designs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rosed look fabulous on the vellum and I love the frame in your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! I love your use of vellum. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Torico I LOVE how you used the vellum here! That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Those are gorgeous! This set is at the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Scribbles on vellum is so nice looking. The arched window is so, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. your cards are my favorite on this day, there are elegants, beautiful and so sweet!

    ReplyDelete