Secondary Colors - MFT Summer School Session 2

July 16, 2015

It's Day 4 of the MFT Summer School Session 2. Today we are using secondary colors - Orange, Purple, and Green.

I confess that I didn't know that these colors were called "Secondary Colors". I just knew these were traditional colors for Halloween. LOL! It's easy to create a Halloween card using these colors. But, it's a summer school - a good opportunity to try something new or something that I usually don't do. Right? :)

As I did yesterday, I'd like to tell you what I was thinking while I was designing this card.

  • What color will I use for my main color? - Green is a color of nature, and it doesn't have a big impact as a main color. It will work well as an anchor for the other two colors. So purple or orange? Humm... can't decide which is better yet. 
  • What theme? - Something other than Halloween, something other than Halloween.............. No idea! :( (I went to Pinterest and searched using the key words, Orange, Purple, and Green.) Ohhhh! There are so many gorgeous wedding bouquets! I can make one like these using my Die-namics! (Then I picked up THIS and THIS as my inspiration source.) 
  • What ingredients? - Rolled Scalloped Rose Die-namics, Mini Rolled Roses Die-namics, Layered Leaves Die-namics, and Royal Leaves Die-namics. Tangy Orange, Pure Plum, Grapesicle, and Sour Apple. Together Forever stamp set is a perfect match! :D 
  • (I made the roses and leaves, then thought about layout.) To make the roses take center stage, a white card base and a kind of frame will work well. What color is good for the frame? Tangy Orange is too bold. Sour Apple should be an accent color this time. My bouquet includes two shades of purple (Pure Plum and Grapesicle), so purple (Pure Plum) will match the best.
  • (I stamped the sentiment onto a White Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle Panel in black.) Humm... this looks too crisp and bold. I need to add more softness to make the bold colors of my flowers stand out. A watercolor background would match, and I'll use Steel Blue to stamp the sentiment.



Thank you so much for reading. It's your turn to learn! Head over to the MFT blog for today's lesson and more inspiration. Don't forget to do your homework for your chance to win the prizes! :):)

7 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous!! I just love your water-colored background and the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK this is simply beautiful .... you did such an incredible job ... I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, Torico! LOVE those rolled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hearing your thought process--and what beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am late to class but so glad I can still attend. I like how you wrote your thought process down for us. That's the way I talk to myself too.

    ReplyDelete