MFT August Release Countdown Day 2

August 3, 2015

Welcome to Day 2 of the MFT August Release Countdown! Today we'd like to take you to the tropical paradise!

My first card for today features the Birds of Paradise stamp set & Die-namics and the Wonky Chevron Stencil.
I stenciled a Wonky Chevron pattern onto a Smooth White card base directly using In the Buff Dye ink and Sour Apple Dye ink.

The birds in the Birds of Paradise stamp set are so FUN to color! I picked up two from them and created a top panel using the partial die-cutting technique. I stamped them onto the panel and colored them with Copics. After I added a dashed line using a gold gel pen, I popped up the panel over the card base.


Next card features the Blissful Blooms stamp set & Die-namics.
I used the Wonky Chevron Stencil again for my background, but this time I used Limelight Hybrid ink - my new favorite color! :D I'm not a big fan of neon colors. So I had hesitated about buying it for awhile.  But now I can say I made a good decision. It's really beautiful!


I chose Black Licorice CS for my sentiment panel, which was cut with Double Stitched Oval STAX Die-namics, to stand out the neon colors. The sentiment is from Polynesian Paradise stamp set. The flowers and leaves were stamped onto the matching die-cut pieces and were colored with Copics.



Head over to the MFT blog for the product details and more inspiration from the other DT members!

Make sure that all of the new products will be available for purchase on August 4 at 10:00 pm EST.

Thank you for stopping by! I will be back tomorrow with another Halloween card. ;)
** 1st Card **


** 2nd Card **

13 comments:

  1. Love your cards! You are a wonderful designer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the birds can be colored in so many different ways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Torico, your cards are lovely. The colours are beautiful. I can see why MFT has you ladies on their team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your faded backgrounds on these cards. These came out Beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice cards. I like the background just as a place to put your images. I've never thought to do that before. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards, I love the partial diecutting and how you used the bg stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful designs. Your flowers really pop off the black.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful designs. Your flowers really pop off the black.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you coloring your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete