MFT August Release Countdown Day 4

August 1, 2015

Welcome to Day 4 of the MFT August Release Countdown! Today I'm introducing you the new stamp set and Die-namics from Birdie Brown line, Polynesian Paradise! :D

For my background panel I stamped the new Pineapple Background onto a piece of Banana Split CS with Lemon Drop Dye ink, and die cut it with a stitched rectangle die from Blueprints 24. Those tiny pineapples are really cute!

I die cut an oval panel using Double Stitched Oval STAX Die-namics and created my background scene using the masking and sponging technique. I used Flat-Bottom Clouds Die-namics for the clouds.
I stamped and colored the girl from Polynesian Paradise stamp set and cut her out with a matching die. The turtle and plumerias were stamped using the masking technique and were cut out with scissors.


I went with a clean design for my second card. I die cut a Smooth White panel using Blueprints 26 and stenciled the sun ray using Sun Ray stencil, Banana Split Dye ink, and Lemon Drop Dye ink. After it dried I split it into two panels.

I stamped the toucan, plumerias and leaves using the masking technique, colored them with Copics, and cut it out with scissors.
I stamped and colored the toucan two more times onto another piece of paper, then cut out only his body from one and only his wing from another one. I layered them for dimension.

The sentiment was stamped and white embossed onto a strip of Tropical Teal CS. I adhered it to the card base, popped up the stenciled panel, and adhered the images. Some sequins were added to finish off the card.



I hope you like my new stamp set & Die-namics!
Head over to the MFT blog for more info about the new products revealed today and more inspiration from the other DT members!

Thank you for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow to show you two Halloween themed cards. ;)
** 1st Card **


** 2nd Card **

24 comments:

  1. These 2 cards have convinced me that I NEED to have these stamps, they're FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pineapple background and the stenciled sun rays on your second card! Cute cards, fun stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another totally awesome stamp set! Not only is the main girl so adorable but I'm loving the little animals as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards!!! I love your coloring and inking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the font of Sunny Smiles. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I really like how you used the rays on the second card and popped up the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are wonderful, but the design of that second one is especially nice! Beautiful inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Torico. Your cards are both lovely. You have done a great job with this release.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Mahalo card the best out of all the designers cards today day 4.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorably gorgeous set!! I love it! Thank you for making such lovely designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little hulu girl and your brightly colored bird! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the little hulu girl and your brightly colored bird! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another super awesome Birdie Brown set!! I live in Hawaii so I have to get it, although I'd have to get it even if I didn't live here because I love BB!! Gorgeous cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful set this Polynesian is. Those rays of sunshine sure set off that pretty little toucan perched amid flowers. Great job on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your toucan card is amazing! I love the sun background but the flower stamping, colouring and layering of the toucan is just so detailed. Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your toucan card is amazing! I love the sun background but the flower stamping, colouring and layering of the toucan is just so detailed. Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome cards! I love detail of them. The clouds and buttons in the first one and the very neat sun in the second. Great job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this new stamp set that you created! This is a must have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of these cards made me SMILE. Love the Bright and cheeriness of them both. They just POP form the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply dazzling! You are so talented, Jo x

    ReplyDelete