MFT September Creative Challenge - Gold Glitz

September 15, 2015

For this month's MFT DT Creative Challenge we are challenged to use GOLD on our projects. I use gold mostly for embossing. So I thought I would try a different way to incorporate it in my card this time.

It was a good opportunity for me to break the seal of Gold Foil Card Stock that I bought several months ago. I probably thought that I would use it for die-cut sentiments or something when I put it into my cart. But it never happened! LOL!

My inspiration for this card came from THIS photo I found on Pinterest.
I stamped a Smooth White panel with Striped Background stamp and Coral Crush pigment ink, and cut out a circle window from it using Circle STAX 2 Die-namics. I made a gold frame with Gold Foil Card Stock, Cross-Stitch Circle STAX Die-namics, and Circle STAX 1 Die-namics, and adhered it over the window.
The flowers and leaves are from Fall Florals stamp set. They were stamped onto the matching die-cut pieces with Summer Splash Hybrid ink, Tropical Teal Hybrid ink, and Fuse Green dye ink.


I stamped the sentiment from Thanks so Very Much set  with Chocolate Brown on a Smooth White panel, added a Gold Foil panel underneath it, then popped up the striped panel over it.


Head over to the MFT blog to see the other DT members have created for today!

Thank you for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS, your gold touches on this card are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning creation! You are so clever, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty--I just love the gold frame!

    ReplyDelete