MFT October Release Countdown Day 3

October 4, 2015

Welcome to Day 3 of this month's MFT Release Countdown! Today I have two "action" cards to share with you. I had so much fun creating them! :)

The first card is a shaker card that I made using Dashing By stamp set & Die-namics and Snow Drifts Cover-Up Die-namics.

For the ombre pink background I blended Bubblegum, Pink Lemonade, and Insulation Pink dye inks on a Primitive White panel. The new PI girl was stamped and colored on the matching die-cut piece.


I die-cut five Snow Drifts Cover-Up and layered them to create the shaker frame. (Of course I put a piece of acetate under the top layer, you may not see it in the photo above though.) I knew that some kind of foam sheet would make this process easier. So I had ordered it, but I wasn't patient and it arrived here on the next day I made this card. LOL!

Next up is a slider card.
The card size is 4"x 6-1/2". I used a new color of Prestige Card Stock, Elf Green for my card base. I stamped the houses, trees, and snowman from Winter Wonderland stamp set, colored them with Copics, and added some Frosted Lace Stickles here and there. The girl from Dashing By stamp set was stamped and colored on the matching die-cut piece.

Now, let's see the slider part in action.

Ta-dah! The sentiment has revealed! I used a die from Blueprints 3 to make the slider slot. It was the first time I made a slider card. It's easy and fun! I'll be making more slider cards in the near future.:)


Please make sure that all of the new products will be available for purchase on October 6th at 10:00 pm EDT.

Head over to the MFT blog for more details of the new products revealed today and more inspiration from the other DT members.

Thank you for stopping by. See you tomorrow again!
** 1st Card **


** 2nd Card **

19 comments:

  1. These are WONDERFUL!! I especially love the pink shaker, so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun...loving the shaker card...PI is adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable shaker and such a fun interactive card! Love your cards, Torico!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such awesome interactive cards! The pink shaker is especially gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards, Torico, are fabulous! Love the colour and the original ideas. I think it's great that you showed that you can still make a shaker card without the more expensive foams, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards, Torico, are fabulous! Love the colour and the original ideas. I think it's great that you showed that you can still make a shaker card without the more expensive foams, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love interactive cards; your work is awesome. Thanks for all of your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty snow in pink! Fabulously colored and so inviting village!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally love both cards but I may steal your slider card idea for my xmas cards. Thanks so much! Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are so beautiful and quite inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to try making a slider card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards! Love the ombre effect on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love that shaker card. So pretty with the sequins you used. The second card with the slider is genius!! great design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome cards! Love the pink shaker design! And the slider is not only gorgeous but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable and super sweet background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I always love a shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both cards they are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your first card is such a fun take on a shaker card. I love it. And the second one is adorable with the village background. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete