MFT October Release Countdown - Day 5

October 2, 2015

MFT October Release Countdown starts today!! This month's release is packed full with awesome winter holiday products! I've got so many cards to share with you during the Countdown (That's a reason I had been absent for a while.), but I can't get enough of them! I have to say this again - this release is AWESOME! I'm sure you will love all of the new products, too!  ;)

Today I'm sharing three cards that feature Trim the Tree stamp set and Die-namics designed by Lisa Johnson.

My first card is clean and simple. It's good for mass-producing! First I stamped the dotted scallop borders onto a Smooth White cad base in three colors - Grape Jelly, Cotton Candy, and Limelight (Hybrid inks). Then I stamped and gold embossed the sentiment.
I stamped the trees onto the matching die-cut pieces with Green-Eyed Monster Pigment ink and Poppy Pigment ink. Did you hear these names of colors for the first time? Yes, these are NEW colors! And I'm loving the new MFT pigment ink pads. It takes a little long time to get it dry, but it works very very well for solid stamps and large sized stamps (like 6x6 background stamps.)!!
I added the stars on top of the trees and embellished them with some rhinestones.


For my second card I used the Batik Resist Technique. (I followed THIS tutorial, but THIS might be easier because you don't need to pull out your iron.) To create the ombre background, I blended After Midnight and Blue Breeze dye inks using an ink blending tool. The sentiment was silver embossed.


For this card I created a 3D tree using Trim the Tree Die-namics. I die-cut three trees from patterned paper from the new Calm & Cozy Chevron Paper Pack, folded each of them in half, and glued together.


The sentiment was gold embossed on an Insulation Pink panel that was die-cut with Blueprints 20. Can you see the zig zag stitch lines along the side edges of the main panel? They were added with Basic Stitch Lines Die-namics, which is the Free with $60 product for this month. Love it!




Make sure that all of the new products will be available for purchase on October 6th at 10:00 pm EDT.

Head over to the MFT blog to see the details of the new products revealed today. You will find a list of the DT members participating today's countdown, so hop around their blogs to get inspired!

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow to introduce you my new stamp set & Die-namics. ;)
** 1st Card **


** 2nd Card **


** 3rd Card **

16 comments:

  1. Sweet cards, Torico! I especially love the dimensional one--so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully done, Torico. LOVE what you did with that tree die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An inspired trio of beautiful Christmas tree cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all of your tree card designs and the colors you used! Nice set and dies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the second card best. Thanks for sharing these awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cards! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are all so sweet & beautifiul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, more 'must have' items! My wallet just groaned loudly, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each and every card is a charmer, Torico! Any time I don't have to haul out the iron, I am happy!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dimension on the Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow your second card is so clean, so simle, so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cards and clever designs. Every one of them is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how sweet and elegant the cards are! The new pattern papers are really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete