Color Throwdown #371

December 2, 2015

I'm so thrilled to guest design for the Color Throwdown Challenge through this month! As I often say, I'm not so good at color challenges. But, when my MFT teammate Barbara invited me, I thought that I would be proud of myself if I could make it and it would be a great way to wrap up 2015. I hope my cards will inspire you and you will play along with the Color Throwdown challenges this month!


This weeks colors are black, white, and gold - it's gorgeous and perfect for this festive season!

I started my card with a Black Licorice card base and stamped Snowfall Background on it with Gold pigment ink. I die cut the focal panel using Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX Die-namics. I stamped Fine Chevron Background on the lower part of the panel, then stamped the sentiment from Hand Lettered Holiday stamp set in black.

To create the ornaments I die cut two circles with Circle STAX 2 Die-namics, then stamped and embossed a snowflake on the black one and Polka Dot Background on the white one. I used a small label die from Blueprints 14 for the ornament top and Blueprints 26 for the bow. I added the dotted lines using Blueprints 14 to hang my ornaments.

Head over to the Color Throwdown Challenge blog for the challenge details and more inspiration from their fabulous DT!

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I will be back on Friday to kick off the MFT December Release Countdown. :)

7 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love the colours - elegantly festive, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this elegant card...wonderful colours and card. I have tried for wks to get that set too...always out of stock.
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Torico - the chevron detail is a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card... I LOVE that gold snowflake on the black ornament! SO very excited to have you join us this month!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ornaments, especially the gold embossing on the black...simply stunning!!!! I'm so glad you will be joining us this month as our Guest Designer...you are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ornaments, especially the gold embossing on the black...simply stunning!!!! I'm so glad you will be joining us this month as our Guest Designer...you are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the design of your card with those beautiful ornaments! So cool!! Such a perfect use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete