MFT January Release Countdown Day 4

January 2, 2016

Welcome to Day 4 of the MFT January Release Countdown! Today I'm introducing you the new stamp set & Die-namics from Birdie Brown line, Ewe Are the Best.

 

This set includes 6 sheep images and several accessory images to build a cute scene. With a variety of sentiments, you can use this set on so many occasions through the year! I can't wait to see what scene you create with this set. :D

My first card is a Mother's Day card. I die cut a stitched rectangle panel using Blueprints 24 Die-namics and cut out a window from it using Circle STAX 1 Die-namics and a grassy hill die from Ewe Are the Best die-namics with the partial die cutting technique. To create the cloudy sky for the background, I made a mask with a scrap of paper and Stitched Cloud Edge Die-namics and sponged some Blu Raspberry Dye ink.

After I adhered the mom and baby sheep I stamped a few tiny hearts from So Much Love stamp set with Ripe Raspberry Hybrid ink. I used Bottlecap Letters Die-namics to cut out the "M"s and Tag Builder Blueprints 5 Die-namics for the Ripe Raspberry heart. I covered the hearts with some Glossy Accents.


For my next card I paired Ewe Are the Best set with Rolling Hills Die-namics, Sun Ray Stencil, and the new Puffy Clouds Die-namics to create a scene. To create the background I directly daubed some In the Buff Dye ink on a Smooth White card base, then stenciled Sun Ray over it with In the Buff Dye ink. The hill was cut from Gumdrop Green CS and stamped with Myriad Dot Background in Green Room Pigment ink. The fence was cut from Kraft CS.
After I stamped the sentiment with Chocolate Brown Dye ink I adhered the clouds that were cut with Puffy Clouds Die-namics and sponged with Grout Gray Dye ink. All the images were colored with Copics and cut with the matching dies.
My most favorite part of this set? It doesn't take me so long to color the sheep because they are typically white! LOL!! Of course you can use any colors you like to color them though. I'm thinking that a pink sheep or light blue sheep would be cute. What do you think? :)



Make sure that all the new products will be available for purchase on Jan 5 at 10 pm EST.

Head over to the MFT blog to see all the products revealed today and for more inspiration from the other DT members!

Thank you so much for stopping by today. See you tomorrow again!
** 1st Card **



** 2nd Card **

16 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness... LOVE the SHEEP!!!!!

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colorful cards you made with MFT's new release. The color technique on both of your cards is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards! I love all the different elements you used to make them. Goes to show that you can mix and match different stamps, dies and stencils from different releases to make any kind of card you need. You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such creative beautiful sheep cards! Thanks for the inspiration1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally amazing!! LOVE the way you created the clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards - so cute!
    Hugs Elchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! The second card looks like they're having a race.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! Love those sheep ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little sheep are just the cutest. I like all the options they offer for different cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card for Mother's Day. You do such a great job designing your projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your projects AND your stamp sets--every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards from an awesome stamp set!

    ReplyDelete