Lucky Us - MFT WSC #268

February 17, 2016

I'm playing along with this weeks MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge (WSC268) with a card using the newly released PI stamp set, Lucky Us.


As you see I literally followed the sketch this time. For the upper part of the background panel I used patterned paper from the Lucky Prints Paper Pack, and I added a Whip Cream panel, which was stamped with the Wood Plank Background stamp and Biscotti Dye ink, for the lower part. I die-cut a fringe from Latte CS using the Fringe Die-namics and adhere it to the background panel along with a strip of Milk Chocolate CS. The sentiment was stamped in Milk Chocolate Dye ink.


The PI girl was stamped and colored with Copics and cut out with the matching die. She was adhered to a Whip Cream panel cut with the Stitched Mini Scallop Square STAX Die-namics and attached to the background panel.
After I put everything together, I thought that a horizontal line should be emphasized a little more, because most of the lower part of the card was consisted with vertical lines - I mean the fringe and the wood plank pattern. So I added the stars die-cut from Daffodil CS using the Blueprints 24 Die-namics on the Milk Chocolate strip. I tried several other elements, like sequins, tiny buttons, and some other types of die-cut stars, before I chose this star. But the die-cut stars from the Blueprints 24 were the best because the size was fit for the width perfectly and the tiny holes on them made another horizontal line.

Head on over to the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the DT! I hope you will play along with us this week. :)

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is soooooooooooooo Adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CUTE card with the PI image,stars, and fringe!!!

    ReplyDelete