MFT February Release Countdown Day 1

February 2, 2016

It's final day of the MFT February Release Countdown! All the new products will be available for purchase at 10 pm EST TONIGHT!!
I guess your wish list is already so long. But it may get longer and longer after you see today's Countdown posts. LOL.

I have two cards to share with you today. My first card uses the Large Desert Bouquet stamp set and the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set.

The Large Desert Bouquet stamp set is a large version of the Desert Bouquet stamp set that was released previously. You can combine these sets to expand your design possibilities. But this time, I used only the Large Bouquet stamp set to create this simple and easy card. (You can see a card I made using the Desert Bouquet stamp set and the new matching Die-namics HERE, just in case you missed it.)
I stamped the flowers on a piece of Smooth White CS with Bubblegum, Lemon Drop, Sour Apple, Summer Splash, and Periwinkle Dye inks. I started with the Sour Apple one, then moved to the Lemon Drop and Summer Splash, then Bubblegum and Periwinkle. I stamped the flower centers with Orange Fizz Dye ink and added some white dots with a white marker. I also stamped the dotty lined circles and tiny dots around the flowers to emphasize the curved line. Once inks dried, I cut it with a stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 13 Die-namics, then stamped a sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set in Black Licorice, and adhered it to a Biscotti side-folded cad base.


Next card features the Stitched Rainbow Die-namics and the Color the Rainbow Die-namics which is the free with $60 product for this month.

I'm sooooo happy with how this card turned out!! As I said yesterday, this is my most favorite in the projects I made for this month's Countdown.  Aren't those pastel rainbows cute?? :D


I daubed some Blu Raspberry Dye ink on a Smooth White panel and spritzed it with a little water. I die cut the rainbows from Bubblegum, Lemon Chiffon, Summer Splash, and Grapesicle CS, and adhered them to the inked panel along with the clouds cut with the Puffy Clouds Die-namics. I added a little shadow to the clouds with a Copic marker.

I cut out a circle panel using the Zig Zag Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics and stamped a sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set with Gravel Gray Dye ink. I die cut out the "Rainbow"  twice from Grape Jelly CS , glued them together, and added to the panel. I added a gingham panel underneath the focal panel, and also added several sequins to finish off the card.



Head over to the MFT blog to see all the products revealed today and for more inspiration from the other DT members participating today's Countdown.

I hope you enjoyed our Countdown posts this past the five days. Now get your wish list done and set the alarm for 10 pm EST tonight!

Thank you for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your tiny rainbows, and your shading on the clouds really makes them come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! Love the pastel rainbows and the pretty flowers. And the sentiments are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards not only the cards' design, but also the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both, the colors on them are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards! Beautiful colors! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both cards and your color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You captured desert colors in your beautiful flower card. Three rainbows is definitly best! Very beautiful and create design so well implemented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the delicate flowers and the rainbow card is just gorgeous and so vibrant:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your designs are always so amazing! Love the soft look on your first card and the great design on the second one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your second card stole my heart, is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pastel rainbows and ombre sky on the second card are simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pastel rainbows and ombre sky on the second card are simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card. It is so pretty. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your trio of pastel rainbows is stunning. Love the pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your trio of pastel rainbows is stunning. Love the pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete