MFT March Release Countdown Day 4

February 27, 2016

Welcome to Day 4 of the MFT March Release Countdown! I'm so excited today because I can introduce my new stamp set & Die-namics on my birthday! What a wonderful birthday! LOL.


Make sure that all the new products will be available for purchase on March 1st at 10:00 pm EST. Visit the MFT blog to see the new products revealed today and for more inspiration from the other DT members participating today's countdown!



My new stamp set is called Strike Up the Band. The marching band theme for the March release. Isn't it perfect? I thought I might be clever when I got this idea. LOL!!!
This set includes 6 marching bunny images, 5 accessory images, and several sentiments that can be used for various occasions. Make these bunnies march through a town, around a field, or in a wood - the possibilities are endless!

I'm sharing two cards using the Strike Up the Band stamp set & Die-namics today.

I didn't intend to celebrate my own birthday here, but my first card happened to be a birthday card. To create my background I blended Pink Lemonade and Periwinkle Dye inks on a Smooth White panel, stenciled the Sun Ray over it with the same inks, and spritzed it with some water. I stamped a piece of Smooth white CS with the Tiny Stars Background and Lemon Drop Dye ink and cut it with the Stitched Cloud Edges Die-namics. After I adhered it to the inked panel and stamped "It's Your Birthday" with Gravel Gray Dye ink, I framed the panels with a Smooth White frame cut with the Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames Die-namics.


The bunnies were stamped and colored with Copics and cut out with the matching dies.
I die-cut a banner from Grape Jelly CS using the Dimensional Banners Die-namics and white embossed the sentiment "Strike Up the Band!" on it. I added several Sparkling Clear sequins to finish off the card.

For my second card I tried the "light line coloring" technique.


This time I stamped the images with Natural Hybrid ink and colored them with Copics. I also used a white gel pen to add some white dots to their musical instruments.
To create the background panels I stamped a piece of Smooth White CS with the Watercolor Stripes Background and Lemon Chiffon Pigment ink. After it dried I divided it into three and rounded a corner of each panel using a corner chomper. The sentiment and the musical notes were stamped in Milk Chocolate Dye ink.

I hope you like my new stamp set. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with the Strike Up the Band stamp set & Die-namics! ;)

Thank you for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow with a card featuring the new Pure Innocence girl. See you tomorrow again!
** 1st Card **


** 2nd Card **

28 comments:

  1. Another adorable stamp set, Torico, and your cards are absolutely AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this set! My high schooler marches in the school band and this set will be soooooooo useful in making cards for friends... and the band director! I can't wait to get my hands on this! I especially love all the percussionist bunnies you drew! Guess you know what my son plays!!! ;-) Both of your cards are great btw, especially the light line coloring... reds are so hard to work with to begin with and yours came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute cards. Very cheerful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards. Love the white gel pen highlights on the 2nd fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards. Love the white gel pen highlights on the 2nd fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color scheme you used on your first card. And your Copic coloring on the second card is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your line of stamps. Your cards are always cute and colored perfectly. You are the reason I buy from MFT. Otherwise, I steer clear from them... My wallet says so 😅

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cute colorful cards. This stamp/die set is so cute and how you used set is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new stamp set Torico! Your cards are adorable. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration you always provide.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two striking cards that really capture a marching band in motion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors on your 1st card. Happy Birthday to a sweet lady. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute cards. Your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the background on your first card and the unique way you highlighted the band members on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your coloring and such great compositions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable new set and Happy Birthday to you Torico!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cards are Super Duper Awesome! Put a cheery smile on my face. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete