MFT March Release Countdown Day 5

February 26, 2016

The MFT March Release Countdown has begun! We are having a relatively warm winter here in Japan, but who doesn't look forward to spring? With this month's release, you will feel that spring is coming soon!


Make sure that all the new products will be available for purchase on March 1st at 10:00 pm EST. Visit the MFT blog to see the new products revealed today and for more inspiration from the other DT members participating today's countdown!

I have two cards to share with you today. My first card features the new Spring Wreath stamp set & Die-namics from Lisa Johnson Designs and the Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames Die-namics.

I had an image of a pretty wreath hanging on a front door or a window in my mind while I was creating this card. So I stenciled the English Brick Wall with In the Buff and a little bit of Insulation Pink Dye inks for my background. I die-cut a frame from Smooth White CS using the Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames Die-namics and backed it with foam sheet cut with the same die for dimension. I'm totally in LOVE with the new Scallop Frames Die-namics!! So pretty! You will see a few more of my projects using these Die-namics during the Countdown. ;)


The Spring Wreath stamp set has so many possibilities. It includes a simple leafy wreath base image and a lot of flower & leaf images. You can make your wreath very simple or decorate it as much as you'd like, or create a bouquet with only flowers and leaves. By changing the colors, you can use this set through the year.
For my card I stamped the wreath base in Sour Apple Dye ink and the flowers in Periwinkle and Sno Cone Dye inks. I used white and yellow gel pens to add the flower centers. All the elements were cut with the matching dies and assembled over the frame.
The sentiment was stamped in Gravel Gray Dye ink before the frame and the wreath were adhered.

Next one is a shaker card using the Blueprints 27 Die-namics. I combined it with the Out of This World stamp set to create a fun scene.


An alien is looking out at the window of his spaceship and found his friend's spaceship. Haha!
I blended After Midnight, Nightshift Blue, Grapesicle, and Pure Plum Dye inks on a Smooth White panel, spritzed it with some water and white ink. I stamped, colored and die-cut the spaceship and the planet, and adhered to the inked panel. I die-cut two frames using the Blueprints 27, one is from Grout Gray CS and another is from foam sheet. I first glued the foam sheet frame to the inked panel, put some shaker elements (Silver Stars Sequins, Sparkling Clear Sequins, Corn Flower Sequins, and White Micro Beads) to each cell, then adhered the Grout Gray panel along with acetate sheet. I mounted it on the Grout Gray panel which was stamped with Diagonal Stripes Background and Cement Gray Pigment ink.



The sentiment was white embossed on a Electric Red panel cut with the Blueprints 27. I adhered it to the window along with the alien image.



Thank you for stopping by today. I will introduce you my new stamp set & Die-namics tomorrow. I hope you'll visit here again. :)
** 1st Card **


** 2nd Card **

21 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your out of this world card, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, wonderfully, inspiring cards....I love the stenciled brick background behind the twig wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shaker card is so cute and the wreath card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shaker card is so cute and the wreath card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice cards. Love both cards' design. Your first card is stunning and the second card (love Blueprints 27) is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty how you layered and stenciled the first and created a window scene on the last.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty how you layered and stenciled the first and created a window scene on the last.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such creativity- the wall and frame really add to the beauty of the wreath! And space aliens rule!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving your space shaker card! Love the peeks out the window!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Love Love your creative use of this release. AWESOME SAUCE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing cards. I LOVE the shaker card. Thanks for always providing so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way you used the new blueprints.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow love both cards but the shaker is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous cards Torico! Love the frame under the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both the cards. The twine bow on the first is gorgeous. And the second card is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are fabulous! I love the backgrounds of both!!! The stenciled brick background is so soft but the space scene is so bold and fun! Love them both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. First card- Beautiful! Love the brick stencil.
    Second card-Fun, Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, that shaker card is amazing!! I don't think I would have thought to use the brick stencil behind the wreath, but I love how it looks. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, that shaker card is amazing!! I don't think I would have thought to use the brick stencil behind the wreath, but I love how it looks. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete