MFT Color Challenge #41

March 10, 2016

It's time for a new color challenge over at the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog!

Here is the color palette for the Challenge #41.

The first things that came into my head when I saw this palette were flowers and leaves. Then I thought that someone else in the team might do that and I went with the flower theme for the Color Challenge #40. So I wanted to find another way. I looked through my MFT stamps and found the Cheeky Monkey stamp set! Bananas in the set are perfect for Daffodil! :D

I started my card with a Biscotti card base. I stamped a piece of Smooth White CS with the Tiny Hearts Background stamp and Daffodil Premium Dye ink, and trimmed it to the size. I matted it with a Gumdrop Green panel and adhered it to the card base. The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Brown Premium Dye ink.

My shaker frame was die cut from Sour Apple CS with the Pierced Circle Frames Die-namics. For my shaker elements I put several banana images that I colored with Copics and cut with the matching dies, as well as some sequins (8 mm6 mm Sparkling Clear, 6 mm Lime Sorbet, and 4 mm Mossy Green.) The monkey was stamped and colored with Copics, then was cut out with the matching die.
Do you know that MFT has a color chart for Copic color matches with their card stock and inks? You can find and download it HERE.

Head on over to the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the other DT members!

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment: