MFT April Release Countdown Day 5

April 1, 2016

It's time for the MFT April Release Countdown! From a cute critter stamp set to cool word dies, we have a lot of fabulous new products to share for the next 5 days. Make sure you stop by the MFT blog everyday to see full reveals of the new products and for more inspiration from the other DT members.

Today I have two cards to share with you. My first card is a clean and cool one showcasing the new Cascading Scallop Stencil and the Hello There Die-namics which is the free for $60 product for this month.


When I saw this stencil for the first time, I immediately thought of a Japanese traditional pattern called Seigaiha (青海波). Seigaiha means blue wave of the sea. I decided to use the Cascading Scallop Stencil upside down to make a pattern that look like Seigaiha and tried to create a card that reflects Japanese old art.


I stenciled the pattern on a Smooth White panel using Purple Rain and Periwinkle Premium Dye inks. After ink dried I added some tiny white spots with a gel pen for more interest. The panel was adhered to an Eggplant card base.

I wanted to add the sun as a symbol of Japan, and I thought it would match well with the sea waves. The sun was die cut from Poppy CS using the Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics. I die cut "hello"  three times from Black Licorice CS and stacked them for thickness.

My next card features the new Blueprints 28 Die-namics. The FUN part of this Blueprints Die-namics is that you can create an interactive card easily and quickly!



The stamp set I used for the inside of the interactive window is the new Forest Friends, which will be revealed a few days later. ;)
This card is a part of the April Release Class. You will see more details about this card in a downloadable PDF that will be available on the MFT blog on the release day. (For the past Release Classes, visit HERE.)



Make sure that all the new products will be available for purchase on April 5 at 10:00 pm EST.
Head on over to the MFT blog to see all the products revealed today! You'll find a list of DT members participating today's countdown.

Thank you for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow to introduce the new stamp sets & Die-namics from Birdie Brown line. ;)

21 comments:

  1. Ah, yes! I definitely thought about the Japanese wave pattern, too! Love how you added that bright red sun! And your interactive card is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unexpected but simply adorable!! Cute cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simple design of your second card, then ... WOW! Surprise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I can say, without a doubt, that your mission was beautifully accomplished, Torico! Stunning! and then there's your fun new little friend, Mr. Squirrel ... what a fun little stage you've made for him!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torico, I love how you used the interactive Blueprints die! I have a question if you're willing to answer: How did you get the woodgrain appearance for the paper? :) Thanks so much! Beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ted, Thank you for your comment. I used the Wood Plank Background stamp. (http://www.mftstamps.com/bg-wood-plank-background) You can see the instructions for this card in April Release Class that will be available on the release day. ;)

      Delete
  6. Great foxy creation, both are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are absolutely stunning! Especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My two favorite cards! The dots add so much to the graded scallops and the color gradation is gorgeous! The fox peeking out fron under the Front is such a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first card is just stunning... love the ombre background and the reminder that any of our stencils can be used upside down or sideways if the pattern works better that way for the look we want. The second card is stinkin' cute! Loving the scene around the fox and his pile of acorns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful card! I especially love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful card! I especially love the background!

    ReplyDelete