Thanks a Ton : MFT April Card Kit Countdown Day 1

April 18, 2016

It's the first day of the MFT Jungle Friends Card Kit Countdown!
If you are interested in creating interactive cards but have no idea where you should start with, this kit will give you a good clue. Or if you like to make interactive cards like me, this kit is a must-have!


The Jungle Friends Card Kit will be available for purchase tomorrow at 10:00 pm EST. Be sure to check out the MFT blog for the full reveal of the kit!

Today, we’re featuring "In the Box" looks – cards that feature only the items in the kit along with basic tools, shapes, and supplies.


I cut a Chocolate Brown panel and white embossed a sentiment from the Jungle Friends stamp set. Then I cut out a slider track from it using the Surf & Turf Die-namics. I love that the Surf & Turf Die-namics includes a few different types of dies to cut out a track for a spinner/slider element! I'm sure I will use this Die-namics frequently! :D The hill was cut from patterned paper from the new Fun and Frolic Paper Pack using the Surf & Turf Die-namics.
The elephants were die cut from Primitive Cream CS using the Jungle Friends Die-namics, and I used a stripe patterned paper from the Fun and Frolic Paper Pack for their ears. I adhered the mama elephant to the panel. I attached two Spin and Slider Discs to the backside of the baby elephant, put it on the track, and attached the backing elements from the backside of the panel.
I adhered the panel to another Chocolate Brown panel with foam adhesive, added a Summer Splash mat, and adhered them to the card base.

See how the baby elephant moves in a slideshow. :)




Head on over to the MFT blog for more inspiration from the other DT members participating today's Countdown.

Thank you for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow with another FUN card using the Jungle Friends Card Kit. ;)

31 comments:

  1. A ha! Its the height of summer here and I absolutely wouldn't mind getting soaked in some elephant water shower! Adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a Ton for the slideshow, Torico! MFT's April Card Kit is certainly a MUST-HAVE kit. Interactive sliders and spinners - my mind is spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fabulous one, love the addition of stripe paper on elephants with a water splash, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the elephant shower! Cute use of the slider too. I do love the patterned paper ears on your elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the placement of the slider!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the placement of the slider!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love looking at your cards. You do beautiful work even choosing color choice, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so cute! Love the elephant sprinkling some water!
    Hugs Elchi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute 💟live interactive cards !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another Mommy and Me card. Perfect for a new baby . thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...your card is the best in the bunch!! You went off the grid & made fun colored hills & ears & added the awesome water spraying out of the large elephant...awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute ... like he/she is giving mom a kiss. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this great touch of color! Really cute card and so cheerful too!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your color choices! Striped elephant ears. What could be better? Love the tiny blue water splashes coming from mama.

    ReplyDelete
  15. too sweet with the spray coming out of his trunk. how cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous one, love the addition of stripe paper on elephants with a water splash, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous one, love the addition of stripe paper on elephants with a water splash, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never fail to be amazed and delighted by your creativity! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. The card is awesome! I love how the elephants kiss after he slides along the card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cheerful card. Love the colors and the way the slider is different than just left to right.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! I love the bright patterned paper combined with the dark brown.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card!!! I love how the colors and patterns are non-traditional. I love the contrast between the dark brown and the bright colors... its such a cheerful color combo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I couldn't figure out why there would be water drops in the dies. Who wants rain? Your card explained it to me! Duh! Elephants need to have showers and crocodiles will splash. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I couldn't figure out why there would be water drops in the dies. Who wants rain? Your card explained it to me! Duh! Elephants need to have showers and crocodiles will splash. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the patterned paper choices you made - a great touch using some on those sweet ears. What an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is the cutest card! LOVE the slider and those striped ears are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love that the elephant has striped ears and blows water!

    ReplyDelete