MFT May Card Kit Countdown Day 1

May 16, 2016

It's the first day of the MFT May Card Kit Countdown! The new kit is called Flashy Florals, and it will be available for purchase on May 17 at 10:00 pm EST. Be sure to visit the MFT blog to see the full kit reveal! 



For Day 1 of the Card Kit Countdown, we’re featuring "In the Box" looks – cards that feature only the items in the kit along with basic tools, shapes, and supplies. I added only the Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-namics to create this card.

The colors that this kit features are vivid and bold. Honestly, I thought these were far from my usual style and I wasn't sure what I would do when I saw this kit for the first time. As I needed some inspiration, I searched on Pinterest and found out that dark purple works so well to make orange/raspberry pink/red stand out beautifully. (like THIS and THIS


So I decided to use Eggplant CS for my card base and the sentiment panel. I stamped the flowers in Ripe Raspberry and Orange Zest, and used Pure Plum for the flower details. The leaves were stamped in Jellybean Green and I layered the veins with the same ink.


The kit includes two word Die-namics - thanks and hello. I love this font so much! It softens the boldness of the flowers - fabulous combination!



Head on over to the MFT blog for more inspiration from the DT members participating today's countdown!

Thank you for stopping by today!


16 comments:

  1. This new kit is just amazing, love this beautiful layered creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cad you made with this beautiful kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Torico chan...your cards ARE so Beautiful! Clean and Simple too! My kind of card and style. Great job! Sugoku Kirei, Kawaii cado (card)! Arigato gozaimasu <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torico chan...your cards ARE so Beautiful! Clean and Simple too! My kind of card and style. Great job! Sugoku Kirei, Kawaii cado (card)! Arigato gozaimasu <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vivid colors in this kit and your card is gorgeous. The pink shadow on the thanks die is perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color used on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright tropical colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your layered sentiment and the color showing on the side, and the highlights with the pigment pen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! The flower stamps make it look like patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card! Great details and gorgeous flowers! Love the 'thanks' die too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only do I love the fact that you gave the sentiment a dropshadow, but I especially love the way it pulls the purple in from the punchy florals in the background, & really ties everything together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Torico! Love the pink layered shadow on your die cut Thanks!

    ReplyDelete