MFT May Release Countdown Day 3

May 1, 2016

Welcome to Day 3 of the MFT May Release Countdown! I have two cards to share with you today.

For my first card I combined the new stamp set & Die-namics from Pure Innocence line, Straight to the Point with the new Gingham Galore Paper Pack.


I cut red gingham patterned paper from the Gingham Galore Paper Pack and matted it with an Electric Red panel. After I adhered them to a Black Licorice card base, I added a Black Licorice panel on which I added two cross stitch lines with the Basic Stitch Lines Die-namics.

The PI girl was colored with Copics and cut out with the matching die.


To create my chalkboard I cut Timber Green CS, white embossed the words "Let Me Get Straight to the Point :" on it, and dabbed some Whip Cream Pigment ink over it with a sponge dauber. (Do you remember when the Chalkboard Technique was all the rage?) I stamped "You Are Amazing" on a label that I cut out from patterned paper from the Off the Grid Paper Pack with a die from the Blueprints 14 Die-namics. For the frame I stamped a piece of Kraft CS with the Wood Plank Background using Biscotti Premium Dye ink, and cut it with the Pierced Rectangle Frames Die-namics.


Next card features the Chunky Herringbone Stencil and the Hello There Die-namics.

I stenciled a Smooth White panel with the Chunky Herringbone Stencil using Banana Split and Blue Breeze Premium Dye inks. Then I shifted the stencil upward and inked again. With this technique I could make a new pattern. ;)


I adhered the stenciled panel to a Black Licorice card base and rounded the bottom corners with a corner chomper.


I die cut out two "hello"s from Black Licorice CS using the Hello There Die-namics and glued them together. I adhered them to the stenciled panel along with the strips of Kraft and Black Licorice CS. Several gold sequins were added to finish off the card.



Make sure that all the new products will be available for purchase on May 3rd at 10:00 pm EST.
Head on over to the MFT blog to see all the products revealed today and for more inspiration from the other DT members participating today's countdown!

Thank you for stopping by!
** 1st Card **


** 2nd Card **

15 comments:

  1. Love the woodplank Kraft border, giving a real chalkboard impact, love your coloring in this cute image and love your stenciled creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your technique here with the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two creative cards- great combination of the little girl in red and a chalkbord message. The chevron color combination is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards both, but I love the chalkboard one the first card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. I like how you incorporated the chalk board on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both cards -- the wonderful scene you created with the PI, and then the beautiful look you created with the stencil and inks -- WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your second card was my favorite, is so beautiful, I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors of the 2nd card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card. Love how you framed the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card. Love how you framed the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a great sense of design! I would never have thought to shift the stencil and create a whole new pattern! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE both of your oh so cute cards!!!

    ReplyDelete