Starry Shaker Card - MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints

May 24, 2016

For this month's MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints, we are featuring Blueprints Die-namics that include star elements. I chose Blueprints 25 Die-namics and paired it with the Out of This World stamp set & Die-namics to create a shaker card.


I blended After Midnight, Boysenberry, and Pure Plum Premium Dye inks on a piece of Smooth White card stock, then spattered some water and white ink over it. After it dried, I die cut it with a stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 25 Die-namics. I also die cut out a shaker window using a die from the Blueprints 25 and applied a piece of acetate from the back. The sentiment was heat embossed with Liquid Platinum embossing powder.


I cut another piece of Smooth White card stock and blended Pineapple and Orange Zest Premium dye inks. I adhered it to a card base, put the shaker elements, and adhered the top panel over it with foam tape. For my shaker elements, I used die cut stars that I cut from Silver Sparkle card stock, as well as some sequins and Heart of Gold Prills.
To created the ground, I cut Cement Gray card stock using the Blueprints 25 and Stitched Basic Edges Die-namics and stamped it with the Lots of Dots Background using Cement Gray Premium Dye ink. The images were stamped, colored with Copics, and cut out with the matching dies. Several silver die cut stars were added for more embellishment.



Head on over to the MFT blog to see what the other DT members have come up with for today!

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments: