MFT June Card Kit Release

June 22, 2016


This month's MFT card kit, Make a Wish, is available for purchase in the MFT store now!

I'm sharing two more cards I made using the kit for more inspiration for you.


For my first card I made a "birthday cake" with patterned paper from the kit, Cherry Crisp CS, Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX Die-namics, and Stitched Scallop Edges Die-namics. I stamped the candles in Cotton Candy, Blu Raspberry, and Orange Fizz, and the flames in Lemon Drop and Orange Fizz. They were cut out with the matching dies.
The background panel was stamped with the Tiny Stars Background using Limelight Premium Dye ink, and it was matted with a Latte panel.


The sentiment was white embossed on a Black Licorice banner that was cut with a die from the Blueprints 28 Die-namics.


I added some shimmer to the flames with a Wink of Stella pen.


Next up is a masculine card. I kept the design relatively clean and simple. 
I cut a Smooth White panel and stamped the candle images repeatedly in Grout Gray with the help of a MISTI tool. I adhered the panel to a Milk Chocolate card base and added two strips of CS (Fuse Green and Chili Powder) along the bottom edge.

The letters were cut out from Timber Green CS using the Stitched Alphabet Die-namics. I cut out each letter three times and glued them together for thickness. I also die cut four candles - one was from patterned paper and three were from Smooth White CS, then layered them. After I stamped the words "MAKE A" with Milk Chocolate Premium Dye ink, I glued the die cut letters and candle onto the panel to spell "WISH".

I added some Glossy Accents to the flame for more interest.

Head on over to the MFT blog for more information about the kit and for more inspiration from the fabulous DT!

Thank you for stopping by!


** 1st Card **


** 2nd Card **

50 comments:

  1. Great cards. I like the cake you made on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are just awesome. I especially love the first one with the cake...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cards that you have made with this kit! They are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! I really love the cake you created.... very fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. Love that cake and the background on your masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are darling. I love how you designed the Make A Wish one. Wonderful cards for the whole release. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Both of your cards are FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Both of your cards are FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Both cards are amazing!! Love the cake you created on the first card!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both cards! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to see how this kit can create cards that all my friends and family can love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of your cards. The one with the cake is great and using the candle for the "I" is a great idea! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such creative cards love the big birthday cake idea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards. Hard to choose a favorite

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you built that cake! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your birthday cake, how clever! Love the candle in wish too! Great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your work is stunning, you are so precise! Love both of these cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work is stunning, you are so precise! Love both of these cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Torico, both of these are gorgeous, but I'm blown away by the masculine card! Love how you created the BG, as well as used the candle as part of the sentiment - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card. So special over the cake

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your cake card. I wish we could have birthday cakes like yours. I also love the second card where you replaced the "I" with a candle.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these cards. The layered sentiments and candles look awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!! These both look really amazing!! Love the candles on the cake and your second card with the black and white background is very creative too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! Love them all! The dimensions and the designs are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these cards. The first one is so colorful. Love the sentiment on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these cards. The first one is so colorful. Love the sentiment on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous cards! Love all the little details!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow , both cards are just fabulous. Great idea on the cake card!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both of these cards are FREAKING AMAZING!!! Love the way you thought outside of the box and came up with marvelous ways to use this card kit - so clever and so talented - That is what you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful cards! I especially love the candle-topped cake!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love how you created the cake on the first card with the sequins to decorate the icing. I also love the neat background on the wish card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love every card you made. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love these two cards! That cake with the candles...adorable! The "I" candle is a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love how you made your Birthday Cake and the CAS Make a Wish card...LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love both of these. The cake card is simply yummy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fantastic cards! Your cake is so colorful & I love the dimension of the Wish sentiment and candles!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very lovely card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love how you created a cake to hold you candles on the first card but I love your second card even more. A real stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Amazing cards! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have also started blogging and would love to share such stuff with readers. The LookBook

    ReplyDelete