Spice Shaker Card : MFT June Creative Construction with Blueprints

June 28, 2016

For this month's Creative Construction with Blueprints DT Challenge, we are featuring the Blueprints that include stitched elements. Who doesn't love stitching lines on our handmade cards? I remember that I used to pull out my sewing machine to add some stitching lines to my cards before the dies with stitching lines were invented. Sometimes it was a hassle, and I often messed up my 'almost-done' card. (I know some of you are related. LOL) The dies with stitching lines have made it pretty easy to add more texture and interest to our projects!


I chose the Blueprints 27 Die-namics for today and combined it with the Recipe for Happiness stamp set to create a fun shaker card. 
I started my card with a Whip Cream card base. I die cut a scalloped rectangle panel from gingham patterned paper using a die from the Blueprints 27 and adhered it to the card base. I love that the stitching lines on this panel add another subtle 'frame' around the focal panel. 


To create my focal panel, I blended Lemon Chiffon and Summer Splash Premium Dye inks on Smooth White panel and spritzed it with a little water. I die cut the stitched frame from Whip Cream CS and applied a piece of acetate to the top three openings. I colored all the images with Copics and cut them out with the matching dies. I used some salt & pepper bottles as my shaker elements along with Marshmallow Seed Beads. After I stamped the sentiment and adhered the pots to the inked panel, I put the shaker elements and mounted the frame and the chef with foam adhesive. 



Head on over to the MFT blog to see what the other DT members have come up with for today!

Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day! :)

4 comments:

  1. Love this shaker card! I know a culinary student, this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torico... this is so adorable and so creative! I just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your colouring blows me away....what a delightful card...looks so great and so professional! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a pretty shaker card! Pleased to have these photos here. We are going to attend a grand party at local venue NYC next week. The invitation card we got is very creative. Will love to use such cards for my anniversary party invitations!

    ReplyDelete