Winter Woodland Shaker Frame : MFT Release Replay

June 14, 2016

Today the MFT Creative Team is taking a fresh look at our most recent release with inspiring ideas and innovative takes on the complete collection. We love the opportunity to look at our products with fresh eyes, envisioning entirely new ways to showcase the possibilities they present!

Since I saw the Birch Trees Die-namics for the first time, I had wanted to create a winter woodland scene with it. I was also inspired by a wall decor that I found on Pinterest to create today's project.


I think you can't see it in the photos above though, this is a double layered shaker frame. 
To create this project...
  1. Cut Nightshift Blue CS down to 4" x 5-1/4" and white emboss the Snowfall Background. Adhere two die cut Birch Trees to around the center of the panel.
  2. Layer two foam sheet frames, put some shaker elements (sequins and prills), and cover it with a sheet of acetate.
  3. Adhere two birch trees, a snowy hill, and a bunny to the right side of the acetate panel.
  4. Repeat the Step 2 process to create second layer of shaker.
  5. Adhere two birch trees, a snowy hill, a deer, and a bunny to the left side of the second acetate panel. Add a foam sheet frame and a Kraft frame.


Honestly, I'm disappointed that all the shaker elements fall down when the frame stands. I actually expected that those elements would float because of static electricity. Ha ha! 



Make sure to visit the MFT blog to see what the other DT members have come up with for today! I'm sure you'll be inspired by their fabulous creations. :)

Thank you for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, CUTE. Thanks for sharing your sweet card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I did not see the sequins on the MFT blog and when I saw it here, I was so amazed. I think the surprise effect made this card very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shaker card. Love the cute scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the depth of your fabulous card! It's super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! And even if the shaker bits DO fall to the bottom, I love the layers and the depth it adds to the card. So, so pretty! Thanks for sharing this darling card. :-)

    ReplyDelete