MFT August Release Countdown Day 3

July 31, 2016

Welcome to Day 3 of the MFT August Release Countdown! 
Today I have a birthday card to share with you that I made using the Make a Wish stamp set, Birthday Candles Die-namics, and Magical Dragons stamp set.

As you know, the Make a Wish stamp set was part of the June Card Kit. Now you can buy this stamp set individually if you didn't get the kit. The Make a Wish stamp set has its matching Die-namics (Make a Wish Die-namics) that is perfect to stamp the candle images in the set. This time another candle Die-namics, called Birthday Candles, will be released. These candles are thinner than Make a Wish Die-namics, and these are great size when you'd like to make your own candles without stamping - like I did on my card today.


I blended Periwinkle and Grape Jelly inks on a Smooth White card base and spattered some Grape Jelly ink over it. I die cut out the candles from Smooth White CS using the Birthday Candles Die-namics and blended some inks (The ink colors I used are listed at the bottom of this post.) to create ombre colored candles. I also added a little shimmer to lower part of each candle with a Wink of Stella pen, it may hard to see in the photos though. They were adhered to the inked card base with foam tape, along with the white panels and the dragon.


The dragon is flying by and trying to blow out the candles. I hope he won't breathe out fire! LOL!


Make sure that all the new products will be available for purchase on August 2nd at 10:00 pm EST.
Head on over to the MFT blog to see all the products revealed today and for more inspiration from the other DT members participating today's Countdown.

Thank you for stopping by! 


19 comments:

  1. Your cards are works of art. Your coloring is magical. LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torico, you are amazing. Such a creative way to use these two sets together. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the hearts at bottom of flame are so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautifull! I love that dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an awesome card! Love the dreamy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card full of a magical fantasy- I could stare at it for hours! The coloring of the dragon is awesome1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fantastic card! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is super adorable and I love the little heart in the flame!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!!! Love the dragon with the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Torico! I love this card! I absolutely love the Dragons! You are amazing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Torico! I love this card! I absolutely love the Dragons! You are amazing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute dragon!
    Great to pair him with candles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super sweet card Torico. Your little scene is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your card is adorable, the colors are perfects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a magical design! I love the border at the top and all the soft shading you've done! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute idea to add the dragon for a fantasy card. Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So colorful and Whimsical. I love the dragon blowing the candles. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So colorful and Whimsical. I love the dragon blowing the candles. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete