MFT July Countdown Day 5

July 1, 2016

The MFT July Release Countdown has begun! Since it's the birthday month of My Favorite Things, this month's release is all about BIRTHDAY! From a versatile birthday sentiments stamp set to super FUN dies that make your handmade cards so unique and special, we have a lot of new products to share with you for the next 5 days. Be sure to stop by the MFT blog everyday to see full reveals of the products and for more inspiration from the fabulous DT. I hope you celebrate MFT's birthday with us. :)

Now let's get the party started with this card that I made using the new stamp set from Lisa Johnson, Celebrate with Cake!


I stamped the each layer of cake with Peach Bellini and Coral Crush Premium Dye inks to get an ombre effect. I used a Mini MSTI tool to do this and to line all the layers up perfectly. I cut the stamped cake with the matching die. I love that the Celebrate with Cake Die-namics includes a die to cut a three layered cake image at once. I decorated my cake with a pennant banner, a couple of flowers, and several pearls. 


For my background, I stamped a Smooth White panel with the Snowfall Background using Gold pigment ink. After it dried, I added two die cut doilies and adhered the cake with foam tape.
I white embossed the sentiment on a Kraft panel and added a Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frame.


My next card features the Big Balloons Stencil and the Birthday Sentiments stamp set.

It's a simple and quick card. I stenciled the balloons on a Primitive White card base directly using Orange Fizz and Blu Raspberry Premium Dye inks. I drew the strings with a black gel pen after I stamped a sentiment from the Birthday Sentiments stamp set in Chocolate Brown. I inked around the edges of the card base with some Antique Linen Distress ink for a vintage look, and added three bows to finish off the card.

As I had so much fun creating this card, I had to make another card using the Big Balloons stencil.


This time I stenciled the balloons on a Kraft card base. I used Persimmon, Lush LagoonAfter Midnight (for shading) Premium Dye inks, and Sweet Tooth Pigment ink. I also stenciled the Snowfall over the white balloons with Gold pigment ink. The sentiment was stamped in Milk Chocolate
I really enjoyed creating translucent effect with the Big Balloons Stencil!



Head on over to the MFT blog to see all the products revealed today and for more inspiration from the other DT participating today's countdown!

Thank you for stopping by. I will introduce you my new stamp set tomorrow! ;)

** Card 1 **


** Card 2 **


** Card 3 **

22 comments:

  1. There is simply no card of yours that I don't fall in love with every time. You are extremely talented and I am looking forward to ordering the balloon dies/stencils and stamps. I love all of the cards you chose to do. Wow. Can't wait until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards!!!!!! All!!!! Love the balloons! The white ink is such a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first card is so sweet and delicate! The ink blending on the second and third cards is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! The stenciled balloons look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three amazing cards the ombre cake is so beautiful framed and set off by the background dots and doily! You have inspired me to try to make such beautiful stenciled balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every one of the cards is great, so many different ways to use these sets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first card is gorgeous and I love the real look of the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwsome Sauce!!! I wish I could lift these right from the screen. You Nailed these Cards! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Torico,

    Your balloons are stunning! Your color choices amaze me. I wish I had the talent you have in just your baby finger! LOL! Beautiful, and the detail on the cake card and background is just awe-inspiring. You never cease to delight with your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Torico,

    Your balloons are stunning! Your color choices amaze me. I wish I had the talent you have in just your baby finger! LOL! Beautiful, and the detail on the cake card and background is just awe-inspiring. You never cease to delight with your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again I'm loving everything on display! You are so very talented, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow!! TOTALLY STUNNING CARDS!!!! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! These cards are wonderful. The coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my Gosh!! I love all of your cards! They are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, these are gorgeous! LOVe how you used the stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Absolutely adorable and gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That card with the cake is simply gorgeous!! Love the balloon cards too. You're making my wish list grow..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the soft colors of your cake and your balloons are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! They all are fabulous amd festive!

    ReplyDelete