MFT WSC 289

July 13, 2016

Today I'm playing along with the new sketch challenge over at the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog (WSC 289).

Here is this weeks sketch.


I tweaked the original sketch a little, but tried to keep almost all of the original elements.

I white embossed the Roses All Over Background on Smooth White CS and blended some Periwinkle and Blue Yonder Premium Dye inks over it. I cut it to 2-3/4" x 4", then divided it into four panels. I slightly slid up two of the panels when I adhered them to the card base. I just thought it would add an interesting movement to the design.

I die cut the "because" three times - two from Smooth White CS and one from Gold Foil CS, and glued them together. I white embossed the rest of the words on Black Licorice CS and cut it out with a die from the Blueprints 27 Die-namics.


I added a few butterflies die cut with the Hip Clips Die-namics instead of the circular elements in the original sketch. I also added some gold glittery spots using Golden Sunset Glitter Drops.

Visit the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the DT. I hope you'll play along with us this week.

Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is so soft and beautiful. I like how you placed the strips some up, some down. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete